- Fire Districts. Bennett, Milo // Minnesota Fire Chief;May/Jun2005, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p32
Discusses several issues regarding the creation of fire districts in the U.S. Significance of fire districts to the development of fire departments; Information on the combination of fire departments from different cities; Background on the establishment of the Centennial Fire District in 1985.
- Interim chiefs: Babysitters or substitute teachers? Coleman, Ronny // Fire Chief Expert Blog;10/ 5/2013, p1
The article discusses the reasons behind fire departments' hiring of interim fire chiefs. It is said that an interim fire chief who is recruited from outside the department can solve problems compared to an insider. It is noted that most of the people who serve as interim chiefs serve to...
- PRIDE AND OWNERSHIP: THE LOVE FOR THE JOB. Lasky, Rick // Fire Engineering;Jun2004, Vol. 157 Issue 6, p81
Focuses on the interest for being a firefighter. Qualities of a firefighter; Involvement with the fire department; Significance of fire service in communities.
- How to Achieve Excellence without Breaking the Bank. Fagan, Richard // Fire Chief;Sep2009, Vol. 53 Issue 9, Special section p12
The article explores the continuous initiative and strategies in fire and rescue services in the U.S. In this context, the author discusses the concept and the components of the Commission on Fire Accreditation International Accreditation Model. It has also been mentioned that it is essential to...
- Apparatus deliveries. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Jul98, Vol. 151 Issue 7, p128
Reports on developments about fire protection districts in the United States and Canada as of July 1998. Includes East York Fire Department's replacement of pumper and aerial ladder truck used as a water tower; Vehicle extrication problems faced by the Troy Fire Protection District; Design of...
- Central 911 wants to add fire districts. Shapiro, Mary // South County Journal;5/15/2013, Vol. 58 Issue 20, pA2
The article reports on the expansion of the service area of Central County Emergency 911 dispatching agency to include various fire districts and departments in South County, Missouri.
- MULTI-STORIED. Veseling, Michael J. // Fire Chief;Nov2005, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p38
The article focuses on the fire department of Naperville, Illinois. The fire department built a training tower in 1989, which is composed of a 2-story burn building, a 5-story high-rise simulator and a one-story portion for storage and confined-space training. The facility is used for...
- MUNICIPAL RESOURCE ALLOCATION: MINIMIZING THE COST OF FIRE PROTECTION. Seward, Samuel M.; Plane, Donald R.; Hendrick, Thomas E. // Management Science;Dec1978, Vol. 24 Issue 16, p1740
Municipal decision-makers face the difficult task of determining the amount of funds to be allocated for fire department services. This decision affects both the insurance class of the city and the total cost of fire protection. Total fire protection cost is the sum of the tax dollars spent for...
- THE FUTURE OF THE VOLUNTEER FIRE SERVICE. Buckman, John M. // Fire Engineering;Aug2002, Vol. 155 Issue 8, p10
Discusses the possible future of the volunteer fire service in the U.S. Importance of presenting unified front that communicates a shared vision; Ensurance of the level and quality of service; Examination of alternative methods of providing service.