- Be Firewise. Hagler, Gina // Odyssey;Sep2005, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p14
Presents information on the fire fighting programs developed by the forestry and fire-fighting organizations.
- Fire Drill. Goldin, Naomi // Scholastic Choices;Oct2006, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p27
A quiz related to fire prevention is presented.
- No 'routine' jobs. Brannigan, Francis L. // Fire Engineering;Nov98, Vol. 151 Issue 11, p93
Presents news items and information concerning firefighting and fire prevention in the United States as of November 1998. Includes the safety standard issued by California-based Los Angeles City Fire Department regarding roof operations; Risks posed by inside gas leaks; Death of two Albert...
- Adapting Our Culture. Malmquist, John // Fire Engineering;Jul2003, Vol. 156 Issue 7, p112
Presents fire officers and fire prevention experts' opinion on the fire service in the U.S. Don Anthony, retired chief of the Los Angeles Fire Department; John Malmquis, executive director of CalChiefs.
- BFPSA/BSRIA Joint Venture. // Fire Safety Engineering;May2002, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p28
Presents information on the document 'Guide to the Integration of Fire Protection Systems.' Importance of fire suppression systems in modern buildings; Discussion of fire protection systems; Considerations in fire protection installation; Significance of inspection checklists.
- Coming events. // Fire Engineering;Apr95, Vol. 148 Issue 4, p122
Presents events on fire extinction and prevention from April to May 1995. Includes the sixth International Conference on Women of Fire Service Women in Virginia from April 29-23; Midwest Hazardous Materials Response Conference in Illinois from April 21-23; Halon Options Technical Working...
- Checking for fire spread at a high-rise fire. Dunn, Vincent // Fire Engineering;Mar1996, Vol. 149 Issue 3, p26
Recommends procedure to follow when searching for fire extension during a high-rise fire. Window-to-window fire spread; Curtain wall void; Utility costs; Air-conditioning periphery vents; Floor collapse; Open stairway; Central air-conditioning return ducts.
- Fire Chief, Contra Costa County Fire Protection District -- Pleasant Hill, Calif. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;5/11/2013, p1
The article features the Contra Costa County Fire Protection District of Pleasant Hill, California.
- Products-services-media. // Fire Engineering;Jun96, Vol. 149 Issue 6, p130
Presents various equipment and information resources regarding fire prevention and extinction in the United States as of June 1996. Product description and manufacturer; Application, use and importance; Technology description of new products; Contact information.