Free Slides Offered as Safety Reminders
- PennWell and NFFF launch Web site for firefighter life safety. // Fire Engineering;Aug2005, Vol. 158 Issue 8, p48
Reports that the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation (NFFF) and PennWell Corp. have established a web site dedicated to the nationwide Firefighter Lifesafety Initiatives program. Features of the web site; Benefits to firefighters; Efforts of the NFFF and the United States Fire Administration...
- Line-of-Duty Deaths. // Fire Engineering;Aug2005, Vol. 158 Issue 8, p48
Reports on life-of-duty deaths of firefighters and fire officers in the United States based on the National Fallen Firefighters Memorial Database and the United States Fire Administration. Dennis J. Bottge; Frank Kucera; Karl Kramer; Paul A. Carr; Audie Cross.
- CREATING A DYNAMIC PUBLIC EDUCATION PROGRAM. Kennedy, Michael // Fire Engineering;Oct2005, Vol. 158 Issue 10, p189
Reports on the public fire education initiative of Fire Department in Brighton, Michigan. Statement of the U.S. States Fire Administration regarding the statistics of children dying in a fire; Attempt of the firefighters to maximize public education to teach children about fire safety;...
- USFA, Fire Corps to Study Fire Police. // Fire Chief;Nov2005, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p12
The article reports that The United States Fire Administration and the Cumberland Valley Volunteer Firemen's Association's Emergency Responder Safety Institute will work together to perform a study of effective recruitment and retention methods and techniques for fire service traffic control...
- USFA: Savings Mean More Grants. // Fire Chief;Oct2004, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p9
Reports on the award for additional fiscal year 2003 grants to fire departments by the U.S. Fire Administration in September 2004. Source of the funding; Proponents of the savings program; Efforts undertaken by the agency to support the program.
- 10th round of grants totals more than $35M. // Fire Chief;Jan2003, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p20
Reports on the 10th round of U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency and Fire Administration's 2002 Assistance to Firefighter Grant awards. Estimated fire departments that will receive the grant; Funding level for fire departments; Efforts to increase the effectiveness of firefighting operations.
- Staffing Grant Apps Open. // Fire Chief;Jun2005, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p13
The article reports that the U.S. Fire Administration will accept online applications from May 31 to June 28, 2005 for the Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Response (SAFER) grants under the Assistance to Firefighters Program. SAFER will provide five-year grants with a maximum federal...
- LIFE SAFETY INITIATIVES. // Fire Engineering;Feb2006, Vol. 159 Issue 2, p30
The presents the response to several fire officers to the implementation of the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation's 16 Life Safety Initiatives in the U.S. Rick Lasky, the chief of Lewisville, Texas Fire Department said that their training division has developed and implemented a safety...
- MSFCA fall conference... have you registered? Mund, Bill // Minnesota Fire Chief;Sep/Oct2014, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p4
The article offers a message from the president of the Minnesota State Fire Chiefs Association (MSFCA) on developments in the association. He emphasizes the progress to the association's website, completion of the "Fire Service Policy Manual," and the MSFCA fall conference in St. Cloud,...