Volunteers Make Wellness a Priority
- NVFC warns FEMA/USFA funding in danger. // Fire Engineering;Mar1996, Vol. 149 Issue 3, p37
Reports that the congressional budget debate has endangered funding of the US Fire Administration, a division of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Report from the National Volunteer Fire Council in collaboration with the International Association of Fire Chiefs; Congressional...
- New tools help applicants prepare for SAFER grants. Roberts, Mary Rose // Fire Chief Expert Blog;6/27/2013, p1
The article lists several applicant tools from the U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) for fire departments applying for SAFER grant for 2013, including Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Response (SAFER) Grant Application Get Ready Guide, Tools for Hiring Grant Applicants, and...
- Maple Grove Uses FEMA Grant to Train and Certify Fire Apparatus Operators. Schliek, David // Minnesota Fire Chief;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p16
The article talks about a Fire Apparatus Operation (FAO) test conducted by the Maple Grove Fire Department in Minnesota and a U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency ( FEMA) grant received by the department with the goal of training firefighters in driving and operations of fire apparatus. The...
- Fire Service joins FEMA's Project Impact. // Fire Engineering;Jul99, Vol. 152 Issue 7, p38
Reports that the fire service community has joined the United States Federal Emergency Management `Project Impact,' an initiative creating active creating public-private partnerships to help build disaster-resistant communities.
- FEMA/USFA Firefighter Assistance grant awards approach $50 million. // Fire Engineering;Oct2001, Vol. 154 Issue 10, p62
Reports the monetary assistance grant awards of Federal Emergency Management/United States Fire Administration (FEMA/USFA). Support of the Assistance to Firefighters Program to FEMA/USFA; Amount of grants for fire and burn prevention program; List of grant recipients in the Web site.
- NVFC sets agenda for 1999. // Fire Engineering;Feb99, Vol. 152 Issue 2, p29
Focuses on the fall 1998 meeting of the National Volunteer Fire Council in Rhode Island to address issues relevant to the operations of fire departments in the state in 1999. Includes the introduction of the helping hands legislation; Renewal of efforts to amend the Fair Labor Standards Act for...
- Volunteers asked to join Whitney VFD. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);7/23/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 28, p1
The article offers information on Whitney Volunteer Fire Department (VFD), which is looking for people within Whitney, Texas who would like to be a member of the community as volunteer firefighters.
- Jefferson County Battling High Cost of Hiring Volunteer Firefighters. YOUNG, JENNIFER R. // State Journal (WV);12/16/2016, Vol. 32 Issue 49, p10
No abstract available.
- July 2010: Natural Disasters. // Scientific Principals;Jul2010, p1
The article features recommended resources for learning about natural disasters. These include the article "Science 101: Can We Protect Our Communities From Natural Disasters?," the U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency's web site called FEMA for Kids, the book "The Great Quake of 1906" and...