England's chief nursing officer steps down this autumn, Nick Lipley reports
- Chief Nursing Officer resigns. // British Journal of Nursing;6/24/2004, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p691
The article reports on the resignation of the Chief Nursing Officer at Great Britain's Department of Health (DOH), Sarah Mullally, in order to fulfil a life-time ambition to become a full-time Church of England curate. Mullally has been at the DOH for nearly 5 years, and will become a curate in...
- DoH loses architect of Change4Life brand. Parsons, Russell // Marketing Week (01419285);6/30/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 26, p4
The article reports on the resignation of Department of Health's marketing and communications chief and architect of Change4Life brand in Great Britain, Sian Jarvis, in September 2011.
- Minister resigns over Payment by Results scheme. Lepper, Joe // GP: General Practitioner;5/12/2006, p4
The article reports that Jane Kennedy, the senior British Department of Health minister responsible for quality and delivery in the NHS, has resigned from government because of concerns over Payment by Results. Kennedy, who was deputy to health secretary Patricia Hewitt in the British House of...
- New CNO announced this month. Harrison, Sarah; Lipley, Nick // Nursing Management - UK;Sep2004, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p5
Reports on the possible announcement of the selected chief nursing officer (CNO) to be a representative at the British Department of Health in September 2004. Number of persons who applied for the position; Reason behind the decision of CNO Sarah Mullally to leave her post; Duties and...
- Alan Milburn returns to UK department. Beecham, Linda // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);10/16/99, Vol. 319 Issue 7216, p1021
Reports that Alan Milburn has returned to Great Britain Department of Health as secretary of state. Personal background of Alan Milburn; Career in politics; Views on health service.
- Emergency care remit for David Lammy. // Emergency Nurse;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p3
Reports on the appointment of David Lammy, Member of Parliament, as health minister of the British Department of Health in 2002. Expertise of Lammy; Career of Lammy in politics.
- Con-Lib axe falls on e-Learning contractors. // e.learning age;Jun2010, p2
The article reports that as part of the British government's 6.2 billion pounds public spending cuts, the Department of Health (DoH) may have to lay off around 70 contractors assigned on the e-Learning for Healthcare programme (e-LfH).
- DH staff morale plummets. // Pulse;2/1/2012, Vol. 72 Issue 4, p6
The article reports that the morale of the employees of Great Britain's Department of Health (DH) has declined by 10% compared to 2010.
- Dorrell is elected to chair Health Select Committee. // GP: General Practitioner;6/18/2010, p10
The article reports that Stephen Dorrell, health secretary of the former Conservative government, is appointed as the chairman of Great Britain's Health Select Committee.