- View from the debt markets. Podd, Henrietta // Public Private Finance;Mar2003, Issue 71, p21
The senior debt market has been shaken by a number of banks reducing, or withdrawing from PFI and infrastructure lending altogether. It is hardly surprising that PFI does not fit the strategic direction of many in this highly regulated industry. Instead of treating funding as quasi-government or...
- The Next Quake Is Close. Wehrfritz, George; Takayama, Hideko // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);6/9/2003 (Pacific Edition), Vol. 141 Issue 23, p39
Predicts that Japan's bond market is on the verge of collapse. Movement since 1989 from stocks into Japanese Government Bonds (JGB); Risks to the public-sector financial system due to the excessive investment in bonds; Holders of JGBs, including insurance companies, banks and pension funds.
- Asian Financial Cooperation: Priority to Develop Bilateral Bond Markets. Changhong Pei // Emerging Markets Finance & Trade;Sep/Oct2005, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p75
This paper discusses and examines the development of an Asian bond market, which serves as a bridge to establish financial cooperation in the region. The issues of currency denomination are discussed. In addition, the role that China may play in the establishment of the bond market is presented...
- Lebanon: Bearish Outlook For External, Domestic Debt. // Emerging Markets Monitor;8/13/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 18, p19
The authors analyze the external and domestic debt markets of Lebanon. Lebanese debt markets continue to suffer from negative perceptions of the political situation, as well as adverse global conditions, the authors observed. They observe continued growth in the yield of the US$ 2014 bond from...
- Dubai bond in the market. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;5/16/2003, Vol. 47 Issue 20, p8
Reports that placement of the proposed debut bond by the government of Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE) began in mid-May 2003 with a series of roadshow in UAE. Lead managers of the transaction; Significance of the bond issue; Impact on the foreign currency rating of UAE.
- LONG-TERM BONDS: April. // Bond Buyer;5/3/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31875, p41
Presents a chart depicting a list of long-term bonds in the U.S. as of April 2004.
- LONG-TERM BONDS: January-April. // Bond Buyer;5/3/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31875, p42
Presents a chart depicting a list of long-term bonds in the U.S. for the period January to April 2004.
- Ecuador: Risks Mount For Debt Markets. // Emerging Markets Monitor;8/13/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 18, p12
The authors analyze the credit market in Ecuador. The authors remain cautious on the short-term prospects on Ecuadorean external debt, as the downside risks are clear. News and speculation that Venezuela would purchase Ecuadorean bonds resulted a rally in Ecuadorean debt markets, the authors...
- The bond bombshell. Egan, Jack // U.S. News & World Report;02/14/2000, Vol. 128 Issue 6, p43
Examines the turmoil that is taking place in the bond market which has been affected by both the Treasury Department's plan to pay down billions in federal debt and the rise in short-term interest rates. Why the 30-year Treasury bond could become an increasingly pricey antique; Why the...