Budget Veto Threat
- Rising Revenues. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;5/17/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31885, p41
Reports on the restoration of spending cuts made by Rhode Island Governor Donald Carcieri in his proposal for the fiscal 2005 budget after the state posted rising tax revenues.
- RHODE ISLAND: Carcieri Sees $372M Gap. Kaske, Mchelle // Bond Buyer;11/17/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33005, p9
The article reports on the budget deficit announced by Rhode Island Governor Donald Carcieri in November 2008. Carcieri confirmed that the state has a $372 million shortfall for fiscal 2009 due in part to weaker revenue collections. According to him, the state expected that the revenues will...
- As Rhode Island Faces Deficit, Gov. Carcieri Proposes Smaller '09 Budget. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;1/24/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32801, p27
The article reports on the proposal of a fiscal 2009 budget by Governor Donald L. Carcieri to combine $500 million deficit for 2008 and 2009 in Rhode Island. According to Carcieri, the Rhode Island is facing the largest budget deficit since 1991. He added that Rhode Island has one of the poorest...
- R.I. Governor Offers Budget With 3.8% Spending Decrease. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;2/4/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32807, p33
The article reports that Rhode Island Governor Donald L. Carcieri has presented a 3.8% decrease of the budget from fiscal 2008 to the state's General Assembly. The budget which was enacted for current fiscal 2008 stands at $3.4 billion, while Carcieri's proposed fiscal 2009 budget is $3.27...
- Rhode Is land Lawmakers Override Governor's Veto of FY 2008 Budget. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;6/25/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32655v, p7
The article reports that lawmakers in Rhode Island have overruled a veto of the fiscal 2008 state budget by Governor Donald L. Carcieri and confirmed the use of proceeds of $200 million of tobacco bonds the county has sold on the third week of June 2007. After expressing strong opposition to the...
- Rhode Island House Expected to Vote on Deficit-Closing Bill. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;4/1/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33090, p4
The article reports on the deficit mitigation measure which is expected to be voted by the Rhode Island House that would fill the state's $357 million budget gap. Republican Governor Donald Carcieri does not agree with the proposal but would just wait to see what passed the House. In addition,...
- RHODE ISLAND: Governor Wants Extension. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;2/9/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33058, p9
The article reports on the request of Governor Donald Carcieri to the General Assembly leadership to allow him to delay his 2010 budget proposal in Rhode Island. However, House Speaker William Murphy and Senate President Teresa Paiva Weed, stresses that the extension would allow Carcieri's...
- Chicago Plans Multiple GO Issues to Help Fund 2001 Budget. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/21/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31022, p32
Reports on Chicago, Illinois' plan to issue general obligation bonds to pay for budgeted expenses in 2001. City Council's approval of Mayor Richard M. Daley's 2001 budget; Pricing of the general obligation bonds in February 2001.
- Pennsylvania Passes Budget, Clears Path for Over $1 Billion in Bonds. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;6/25/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31167, p39
Reports on the Pennsylvania General Assembly's approval of a budget that includes bond authorizations. Issuance of bonds for museum projects; Other bonds included in the budget to finance a variety of capital projects.