- ARIZONA: Attorney Backs Tax Vote. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/21/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33768, p7
The article provides information on filing of litigation by the Maricopa County, Arizona Attorney Bill Montgomery in support of an effort by the city council of Glendale, Arizona on a referendum on sales tax hike that was earlier approved by the council.
- Oklahoma Lawsuit Could Break $156 Million Bond Package. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;09/18/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30977, p43
Focuses on the lawsuit filed by Representative Russ Roach against a revenue bond issue for state capital improvement plan in Oklahoma. Concern over industrial projects to be funded by bond proceeds; Contention on the illegality of the bond issue; Target date for the availability of funds.
- Okla. High Court Declines to Hear Anti-Bond Case. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/04/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31029, p7
Reports the lifting of the case against blocking the bonds sale by the Oklahoma Capital Improvement Finance Authority following the Supreme Court refusal to hear the case in Oklahoma. Purpose of the hearing refusal; Reasons on the alleged unconstitutionality of the bond issues; Causes of the...
- Judge Issues Deadline for Dallas River Project Case. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/29/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31213, p40
Focuses on a lawsuit determining the legality of selling bonds for a project without the approval of the voters in Dallas, Texas. Schedule of the case trials set by judge Anne Ashby; Claims of the Taxpayers for Sensible Priorities over the illegality of the sale of the debt; Overview of the case.
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Watts, Jim; Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/14/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32029, p27
The article analyzes different bonds by southwestern States of United States. In Arizona Tucson Unified School District may allow businesses to advertise products and services on the district's school buses as a way to generate money for schools. A 2002 court order by the Arkansas Supreme Court...
- Illinois probe of Chicago suburb could affect 1993 IDFA bonds. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;06/15/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30662, p28
Reports that the Illinois Attorney General's office has launched an investigation into whether Chicago, Illinois' decision not to pursue reimbursement for a lawsuit settlement violated the conditions of issuance. Revenue bonds issued by the Illinois Development Finance Authority.
- Second Clinton Park Lawsuit Holds Up Other Arkansas Revenue Deals. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/3/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31195, p34
Reports on a lawsuit attacking the constitutionality of a 16 million dollar Little Rock, Arkansas bond sale. Postponement of other revenue bond issues in the state; Details of the lawsuit.
- Lawsuits Force Lee County, Fla., to Halt Closing on Bridge Bonds. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/20/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31803, p7
Focuses on the cancellation of the closing for revenue bonds due to two lawsuits filed challenging a plan to replace a drawbridge in Lee County, Florida. Postponement of the closing for the transportation refunding bonds; Worth of the revenue bonds; Termination of the bond purchase agreement.
- Tax Cases: Advance Notes. // Accountancy;Aug1966, Vol. 77 Issue 876, p583
This article focuses on the decision of the Court of Appeals on tax cases in Great Britain. In "Muir v. C.I.R.," the Court of Appeal has reversed the decision of J. Pennycuick, who held invalid the 1952 variation of a deed of settlement of 1947. In "Lawson v. Hosemaster Co. Ltd.," the Court of...