Alaska Lawmakers Dodge Fiscal Reform, Adjourn Special Session
- Alaska Lawmakers Slash Bond Proposals; COPs Intact. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;5/27/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32142, p4
The article presents information about the adjournment of the Alaska Legislature. The Legislature in Alaska has adjourned, ending a two-week special session by giving the governor most of the legislation he wanted and removing many bond proposals from the capital budget. Governor Frank Murkowski...
- Alaska Lawmakers Open Special Session to Focus on 3 Pending Bills. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;5/12/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32131, p35
Reports on the decision of Juneau governor Frank Murkowski to keep lawmakers in the city by proclaiming a special session for May 11, 2005. Failure of the Alaska Legislature to finish its business before the end of its regular session on May 10; Inability of the House and the Senate to resolve...
- Alaska Legislature Begins Special Session to Address Budget, GOs. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;6/22/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31910, p4
Reports on the commencement of a special session aimed at resolving the states' structural budget deficit by lawmakers in Alaska. Initiative of Governor Frank Murkowski to introduce a proposal to reform the state's Permanent Fund; Benefit of the special session for the lawmakers to revive...
- EDITOR'S NOTEBOOK. Lonestar, Jeff // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Aug2006, Vol. 233 Issue 8, p6
The author reflects on the issues discussed by the Alaska legislature during its reconvention on July 12, 2006. The legislature has conducted a second special session to debate on the effort of Governor Frank Murkowski to win support for the proposed pipeline contract. The discussion focuses on...
- Before the Committee. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;3/19/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31845, p29
Reports that Alaska Governor Frank Murkowski testified before a state Senate committee, imploring its members to seek a solution to the budget deficit of the state.
- Of Blowhards And Blowholes. BIRNBAUM, JEFFREY H. // Fortune;8/18/1997, Vol. 136 Issue 4, p44
Describes the provision introduced into the U.S. Senate budget bill by Alaska Senator Frank Murkowski which aids whaling captains. Reaction of some Republicans to the bill; Information on the way the senator is defending the provision; Concerns over whale killings.
- As Their Purse Tightens, Alaska Disagree on a Solution. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;12/19/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31785, p30
Reports budget management in Alaska. General fund revenue; Proposal of Governor Frank Murkowski for general fund spending; Assessment of credit rating.
- Alaska Governor Seeks $178M in Debt, New Taxes for '05. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;12/18/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31784, p4
Focuses on the proposed fiscal budget of Alaska governor Frank Murkowski. Inclusion of bond issuance in the proposal; Amount of the budget; Purpose of the fiscal budget.
- Alaska Governor's Budget Includes Call for Extending Tobacco Securitization. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;12/19/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32281, p40
The article states that Alaska would refinance its outstanding tobacco securitization bonds under a proposal included in Alaska Governor Frank Murkowski's budget for fiscal 2007. The tobacco bond refinancing was the only major bond initiative in the budget proposal. The major challenge for the...