U. of Alabama Readies 1st Part of $279M Revenue Bond Plan
- University of Houston Set to Go With First Part of Deal. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/11/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31468, p38
Reports the selling of revenue bonds for the first offering of a two-part deal to finance capital improvements to campuses and refund outstanding debts by the University of Houston System. Role of Wells Fargo on the deal; Amount of tax-exempt consolidated revenue bonds sold; Percentage of value...
- S.F. College District to Sell $110M. Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;9/2/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31961, p1
Reports on the plan of San Francisco Community College District to sell its general obligation bond on September 14, 2004. Progress of some of the institution's bond-funded capital project; Purpose of the proceeds to finance a variety of capital projects at the college district; Citation by...
- College Project Push. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/12/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32109, p31
Reports that Governor Brad Henry is advising state colleges and universities that the start of the ground breaking of capital improvement projects is dependent on the legal challenges that may confront an enacted bond issue in Oklahoma.
- Stockton College Sale. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;9/18/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32468, p33
The article reports that the Richard Stockton College of New Jersey will sell up to $48 million of revenue bonds to fund a series of capital improvement projects. The New Jersey Educational Facilities Authority will serve as conduit issuer. College spokesperson Tim Kelly said that a new 250-bed...
- NEVADA: Bond Bills Await Gibbons. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;6/8/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32646, p9
The article introduces three different bills awaiting for the signature of Gov. Jim Gibbons in Nevada. The first bill authorizes the issuance of $1-billion bond for highway projects. Two other bills awaiting for the governor's approval are: the capital improvement bill calling for $520.4 million...
- Austin Plans Slightly Bigger Issue To Cover a Laundry List of Needs. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/24/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31210, p3
Reports on Austin, Texas' plans to issue bonds on August 30, 2001, to fund capital projects. Features of the bond deal; Examples of projects to be funded using proceeds from the deal.
- Birmingham GOs. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;4/11/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31363, p29
Reports on the issuance of general obligation bonds for capital improvement projects in Birmingham, Alabama. List of projects recommended by the City Council; Release of Go bond referendum; Value of bonds issued.
- Illinois considers creative bonding deals. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;04/21/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30624, p28
Announces that Illinois is considering various funding options to help pay for capital improvements proposed by Governor George Ryan's infrastructure task force. Issuance of grant anticipation notes for various transportation projects; Possible use of funds from the national tobacco settlement.
- Dealing with debt. Pringle, Curt // Orange County Business Journal;03/09/98, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p46
Opinion. Presents the author's view about bonds and the prioritization of capital investment. Costs of borrowing money to pay for a capital project; Troubling about the current bond debt.