DeLay, Grassley Spar Over Highway, Transit Funding Bills
- Donor State Gridlock. Keane, Angela Greiling // Traffic World;6/21/2004, Vol. 268 Issue 25, p11
Reports on U.S. House Majority Leader Tom DeLay's campaign for a highway bill spending equity. Goals of the Highway Alliance for Real Equity headed by DeLay; Fair Alliance for Intermodal Reinvestment's campaign to retain the status quo on reimbursement.
- No Comment. // Progressive;Aug2004, Vol. 68 Issue 8, p10
Presents several political issues in the U.S. and other world issues as of August 2004. Statement issued by Senator Charles Grassley of Iowa regarding the release of photographs of Iraqi prisoners being tortured; Ethics complaint filed by a Democratic congressman against House Majority Leader...
- Senate Vote Nears on Transportation Bill. Ichniowski, Tom // ENR: Engineering News-Record;5/9/2005, Vol. 254 Issue 18, p9
This article reports that design firms, contractors and states, slogging through a 19-month delay, so far, in passing a new transportation bill, see the next milestone up ahead. The Senate could approve a multi-year measure in the week of May 9, when it returns from a one-week break. It may take...
- Putting the brakes on federal rules. Warner, David // Nation's Business;Mar95, Vol. 83 Issue 3, p42
Focuses on the efforts of Republican House Majority Representative Tom DeLay to eliminate regulatory excess in the government. Cost of compliance with federal regulations; Need for a change in the process of promulgation of regulations; 10-point regulatory-relief agenda in the Contract With...
- Backscratch Fever. // Mother Jones;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p18
A chart that shows the total amount received by some U.S. Republican legislators from U.S. Senator Tom DeLay's Americans for a Republican Majority Political Action Committee and how much these legislators gave to Delay's legal defense fund in 2005 is presented.
- 'I LOOK MEAN'. Lawson, Guy // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Jun2001, Vol. 71 Issue 6, p189
Profiles Tom DeLay, a congressman who is considered as the most powerful legislator in the United States. Career history; Recreational activities; DeLay's advocacy for children who have been victimized by abuse; Childhood; Education.
- The exterminator. Meyer, Jane // New Yorker;05/24/99, Vol. 75 Issue 12, p32
Profiles United States congressman Tom DeLay's rise to power in the House of Representatives. Rank in the House Republican hierarchy; Biographical details; Estranged relationship with immediate family; Early forays in politics; Dubious political dealings; DeLay's open hatred of President...
- GR Chamber Meeting To Feature Controversial DeLay. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;04/02/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 14, p7
Focuses on legislator Tom DeLay. Political reputation; DeLay's accomplishments in the United States House; Career history; DeLay's attendance as guest of honor at the sixth annual 'Salute to West Michigan Business' fundraising and awards event.
- Tom DeLay's Hard Drive. Tanenhaus, Sam // Vanity Fair;Jul2004, Issue 527, p110
Reports that prosecutors are charging that United States House of Representatives Majority Leader Tom Delay may have crossed the line between strong arm tactics and foul play. Passage of the prescription-drug benefit to Medicare; Delay's unique style; Interest in eliminating the opposition; Lack...