General Maintenance of a Digital Multimeter
- FROM THE FRONT COVER. // New Equipment Digest;Oct2002, Vol. 67 Issue 10, p12
Features several industrial equipment and supply. Compact hand-held tool that combines digital multimeter and loop calibrator; Self-adjusting toggle clamps; Knurled knobs for use as push and pull buttons.
- Troubleshooting Compressors With a DMM. Smith, Duane // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;5/15/2006, Vol. 228 Issue 3, p38
The article presents step-by-step instructions for troubleshooting compressor problems with the use of a digital multimeter.
- Clamp-On Digital Multimeters. // Laboratory Equipment;Mar2011, Vol. 47 Issue 12, p23
The article offers brief information on Omega Engineering Inc.'s Omega Model HHM590 Series digital multimeters.
- Dealing with uncertainty in DMM calibration. // Plant Engineering;Feb2009, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p34
The article focuses on the specification of digital multimeter (DMM). It states that specifications quantify the confidence of acquiring accurate readings and the risk of having inaccurate readings. Accordingly, to ensure reliability of readings, DMMs must trace their measurement performance...
- An Automatic calibration system for multimeter based on Fluke MET/CAL. Nuo Li; Guoding Liang; Li Yang; Yunpeng Ji; Songyang Li // Applied Mechanics & Materials;2014, Issue 644-650, p1303
The calibration process of a digital Multi-meter (DMM) is complicated and tedious. The whole procedure needs to calibrate dozens of test points of several measuring ranges. Usually, the automatic calibration system is used to replace the manual operation. In metrology, the MAT/CAL which is a...
- A tool that, tells the truth. Martin, Tracy // Dealernews;Oct2012, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p32
The article focuses on the Fluke 175 digital multimeter from Fluke Corp., It says that the multimeter can be used as diagnostic scanner and trouble code for crank sensor of the engine of motorcycles, all-terrain vehicle (ATV), and personal watercraft. It mentions the features of the tool such as...
- Multimeter Update. // Light Plane Maintenance;Jul2012, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p6
The article discusses the continuous evolution of multimeter and its benefits in airplane maintenance. The author mentions that as the price of multimeters has continued to fall, its capabilities continue to expand, making reading electric directions easier and more essential. The author also...
- TROUBLESHOOTING BY THE NUMBERS. // Motorcycle Cruiser;Dec2008, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p78
The author reflects on the area of troubleshooting a motorcycle. He argues that although repairing a motor vehicle can give a person a lot of head scratching, reducing it to its various subsystems and component parts will make it easier. He contends that professional mechanics often turn to...
- More on why main fuses blow before branch fuses. Lawrie, Robert J. // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Jan1999, Vol. 98 Issue 1, p14
Presents several possible causes for a main fuse to blow before a branch fuse. Heat; Short circuits; Overload.