Evaporative Cooling: Design Considerations
- what's NEW. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;6/17/2002, Vol. 216 Issue 7, p8
Presents several air conditioning, heating and refrigeration equipment. Specifications of the evaporative cooler from CoolSpace; Features of the infrared refrigerant monitor from MSA Instrument Division; Workability of the power relays from Teledyne Relays.
- Technologies to Improve Refrigeration Performance. Becker, Linda // Process Cooling;Mar2014, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p5
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports published within the issue on topics including the energy consumption of refrigeration system in Minnesota, the selection for industrial, and the effectiveness of evaporative fogging.
- Rx for Cooling Towers. Delenikos, Randy // Power Engineering;Nov2006, Vol. 110 Issue 11, p68
The article offers information on managing and maintaining evaporative cooling towers. Criteria for determining the cost efficiency of filtration equipment is presented. Factors to consider in choosing filtration system are also provided. Approaches to control solid contaminants in evaporative...
- Chillin' at the Symposium with Plato: Refrigeration in the Ancient World. Love, Richard // ASHRAE Transactions;2009, Vol. 115 Issue 1, p106
During the nineteenth century, many of the mechanical refrigeration technologies that are used today were pioneered. However, thousands of years previously the Greeks had shared chilled wine at their symposia. In fact, in most ancient civilizations at least the wealthy appear to have had access...
- What's Up with Cooling Towers. Morrison, Frank T. // ASHRAE Journal;Jul2004, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p16
Discusses the construction and operation of evaporative cooling towers. Significant benefits of water-cooled heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning and industrial cooling systems over air-cooled cooling systems and the advantages of evaporative cooling; Cooling tower configurations;...
- TRIPLE PLAY. Ackerman, Jerry // Process Cooling & Equipment;May2009, p26
The article discusses the ways how water is used in cooling towers that help minimizing water use. It notes the use of water evaporation in removing heat from cooling towers and measures the system load. It mentions the uncontrolled blowing way of water droplets from the tower called drift. It...
- Behavioral Byproducts. Armel, Anne // Process Cooling & Equipment;May2004, p7
Introduces the articles featured in the May 2004 issue of the periodical "Process Cooling & Equipment." Case study on water contaminants; Role of evaporative wet-surface air coolers in a heat transfer process application.
- MASTERCLASS Part 23. // ACR News: Air Conditioning & Refrigeration News;Nov2007, p29
The article provides an update for the low ambient control methods, in terms of assessing the head pressure control of water-cooled systems. As reported, water-cooled systems are the first choice of large refrigeration plants because of its ability to remove heat and maintain low condensing...
- Your cooling options. // Choice;Oct98, p32
Offers advice for choosing home cooling systems in Australia. Determining the appropriate system; Energy-efficient house design; Insulation; Shading; Fans; Evaporative air coolers; Refrigerative air coolers. INSETS: Getting cool, staying cool (home climate control);Contact points (for...