On the Road Again
- 1 MILE IN 5. Weingroff, Richard F. // Public Roads;May/Jun2000, Vol. 63 Issue 6, p45
Focuses on the Eisenhower Interstate Highway System in the United States. Views on the design and construction of the system; Use of flight strips to public highways and landmarks.
- NTTA Approves up to $3.75 Billion of Bans for SH-121 Toll Project. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;11/9/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32752, p31
The article reports on the North Texas Tollway Authority's (NTTA) approval to issue up to $3.75 billion of bond anticipation notes on November 19, 2007 and to authorize long-term bonds to take out the Bans within a year to finance the $5 billion State Highway 121 toll project in Dallas. The new...
- Agencies' cooperation gives strength to Florida's toll road debt. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;02/29/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30838, p36
Reports the role of toll road agencies and bond issues in alleviating public debt and improving transportation conditions in Tampa, Florida. Significance of strong credit outlook in debt-servicing; Link between debt and equity contributions; Indication of road building projects.
- EH favours Â£510m bored tunnel for Stonehenge. // Building Design;5/5/2006, Issue 1720, p3
The article reports that English Heritage (EH), an organization that protect and promote spectacular historic environment, has rejected four out of the five proposed road schemes for access to Stonehenge, England. In contrast with the proposed road, the EH has suggested a bored-tunnel option...
- Calif. Road Agency Gets Junk Rating. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;5/19/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31638, p1
Standard & Poor's Corp. has lowered its rating on about $1.8 billion in debt issued by the San Joaquin Hills Transportation Corridor Agency in California to BB from BBB-minus. Analysts blamed the reduction to junk status on weaker-than-anticipated traffic and revenue for the Orange County toll...
- Fitch Lowers Calif. Road to Junk Status. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;2/6/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31319, p1
Reports that rating agency Fitch Ratings Inc. has downgraded $1.8 billion in debt sold by San Joaquin Hills, California's Transportation Corridor Agency. Ratings for the debts before and after change; Change in the rating of senior lien toll road revenue bonds issued by agency in 1993; Impact...
- Virginia Panel OKs $1.62B in Road Debt. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;9/27/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32475, p1
The article reports on the passage of a package of bills by the House of Delegates committee that could lead to the issuance of at least $1.62 billion in tax-exempt transportation revenue bonds over five years in Virginia. The bill was aimed to address the growing transportation needs through...
- TxDOT Plans $1.6 Billion Toll Bond Refunding. Williamson, Richard // Bondbuyer.com;12/1/2014, p1
The Texas Transportation Commission plans to start 2015 with a $1.6 billion refunding of most of the debt issued for the Central Texas Turnpike System.
- Toll Road Speed Bump. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/15/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32090, p1
Reports on initiative of lawmakers to promote tolling in Texas. Propositions for the use of tolling as a funding mechanism to expand capacity on the state's highways; Efforts of toll road opponents to delay or halt the issuance of debt for such projects; Plan of highway officials to make...