Streamlined Sales Tax Set to Move Forward by July of 2005
- One step closer to an e-sales tax? Goldblatt // Business News New Jersey;10/18/99, Vol. 12 Issue 38, p10
Focuses on a proposal to collect sales tax on Internet-based transactions. Paul Francisco and Frederick Petschauer's development of a system for calculating, reporting, collecting and transmitting sales tax and user fee payments; Technical and political aspects of Internet taxes.
- Internet sales taxes would do more harm than good. Lilly, Aaron // Inside Tucson Business;09/20/99, Vol. 9 Issue 26, p5
Opposes the proposed imposition of sales taxes on electronic commerce in the United States. Problems in enforcing the proposed taxation; Possibility of double or triple taxation of a single item or activity due to the variety of transactions in electronic commerce, some of which are not subject...
- Internet sales tax issue faces lawmakers. Auer, Tonie // Fort Worth Business Press;06/09/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p10A
Discusses the issue of imposing sales tax on electronic commerce transactions in the United States. Provisions under the Internet Tax Freedom Act; Concerns that if the federal government starts taxing Internet purchases, it would stifle the growth of electronic commerce; Need for policy makers...
- Why taxers shouldn't fear the Net. Kroes // Orange County Business Journal;10/11/99, Vol. 22 Issue 41, p83
Comments on the efforts of some government officials in the United States to impose sales tax on electronic commerce as of October 11, 1999. Tax advocates' computations for tax losses from Internet sales.
- A taxing situation. Rohan, Rebecca // Black Enterprise;Apr2001, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p52
Focuses on the debate over the collection of sales tax by Internet companies in the United States. Argument between state lawmakers and online vendors; Information on the Streamlined Sales Tax Project; Disadvantage of sales taxes on online sales of small businesses.
- Should Internet Sales Be Taxed? Koehn, Jo Lynne; Del Vecchio, Stephen C.; Macke, H. Weldon // National Public Accountant;Dec2001/Jan2002, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p18
Focuses on the debate over the taxation of electronic commerce sales in the United States. Enactment of a moratorium on Internet sales taxation in the Internet Tax Freedom Act of 1998; Arguments for and against Internet sales taxation; Possible resolutions to the problem.
- Taxes would dissuade I-commerce. // InfoWorld;12/21/98, Vol. 20 Issue 51, p5
Cites a study stating that if sales tax were to be used for Web purchases, the number of buyers would drop by 25 percent and spending would lower by 30 percent.
- Failure to collect tax on e-commerce hurts Pa. // Central Penn Business Journal;5/27/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 22, p14
In this article the author reflects upon the losses being incurred by the state of Pennsylvania as it does not has a mechanism to charge sales tax from customers on items brought into the commonwealth through electronic commerce.
- "The Tax Web" Oliva, Ralph A.; Prabakar, Sharda // Marketing Management;Fall98, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p44
Describes the reaction of Internet marketers on the decision of the United States government to demand more tax revenue from electronic commerce. Problems faced in taxing online sales; Process of collecting sales tax; Sets of taxes for electronic commerce.