Midwestern U. Upgrade
- Moody's Downgrade Ratio Looks Bad for Illinois Schools in '04. Carvin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/24/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31768, p5
Reports on the prevalence of state schools with downgrade bond ratings by Moody's Investor Service in Illinois. Total number of downgraded schools as of 2003; Impetus to the decline in ratings; Incapacity of the schools to maintain a working cash fund.
- N.J.'s Montclair State University Set To Sell $117M of Mostly New Money. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;6/21/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32407, p4
The article reports on the plan of New Jersey's Montclaire State University to sell 116.5 million dollars revenue bonds including 105.8 million dollars of new money. The deal was given an underlying A2 rating by Moody's Investors Service. The lead underwriter for the deal is Lehman Brothers. The...
- Texas Board of Ed Gears Up for PSE's Return. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;1/19/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33251, p1
The article reports on the discussion on a new rule for the Permanent School Fund (PSF) by the Texas Board of Education. It states that the new rule will allow the PSF in guaranteeing school bonds in an amount up to five times the fund's 24 billion dollar value. It notes that the procedure to...
- S&P Downgrades Tennessee Higher Education Bonds. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;11/02/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31009, p6
Reports that the higher education bonds of the Tennessee State School Bond Authority have been downgraded by Standard & Poor's one week before it prepares to sell taxable and non-taxable bonds. Direct result of the state being downgraded; Standard & Poor's view of the state and the school bond...
- Prep School Scores an A3. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/8/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32687, p9
The article reports on the A3 rating assigned by Moody's Investors Service Inc. to Saint Paul Academy and Summit School's upcoming sale of $15 million of revenue refunding bonds through the Saint Paul Housing and Redevelopment Authority in Minnesota. Proceeds of the sale will refund debt sold in...
- Chicago Public Schools $875M Bond Deal Pulled. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron; Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/28/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34451, p1
The Chicago Public Schools confirmed on Wednesday that its $875 million bond deal has been pulled and placed on the day-today calendar.
- Newly Positive Chicago Board of Education Selling $353 Million of GOs. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/11/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32463, p7
The article reports on the plans of the Chicago Board of Education to issue $353 million of general obligation bonds in Illinois. Moody's Investors Service affirmed the bonds' A2 rating due to robust enhancement of finances and cost control measures. The proceeds will be used to offset the...
- VIRGINIA: VSPA Dealing for Schools. Funk, Lynne // Bond Buyer;4/17/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32836, p9
The article reports on the plan of Virginia Public School Authority to competitively issue $138.2 million of Series 2008 school financing bonds in Virginia. Proceeds will be used to purchase local school general obligation bonds issued by participating cities and counties for various capital...
- Moody's raises Kentucky school debt in wake of state's upgrade. Reisman, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/10/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30659, p4
Reports on the upgrade of Kentucky's school debt by Moody's Investors Service Corp. Increase of the rating of the state's school district enhancement program.