Midwestern Cities Are on the Fiscal Mend, S&P Reports
- St. Luke's U. Health Network, Pa., Raised to A-Minus by S&P. // Bondbuyer.com;1/14/2015, p23
The article reports on the increase in the rating of St. Luke's University Health Network from BBB-plus to A-minus in 2014. Topics covered include the rise in revenue bonds as well as the issuance of A and B bonds of the institution. Also mentioned is the strong performance and debt service...
- NVTA Sets First Bond Sale After Transfer Approval. Watts, Jim // Bondbuyer.com;11/20/2014, p45
The article reports on Northern Virginia Transportation Authority's (NVTA) plan to sell transportation special tax revenue bonds in December 2014 for the renewal of transportation funding system. Topics discussed include the AA-plus and Aa1 ratings by financial services companies Standard &...
- Firms' 1998 fortunes rose or fell in sync with states. Goldsmith, Steve; Shields, Yvette; Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;02/10/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30576, p30
Focuses on developments related to municipal bonds in Midwestern States for the year 1998. Increase in bond issuance; Bond issuance rates in the region's smaller states as faster than those in larger states; Factors affecting the market; Comments by market analysts.
- Midwest invisible supply. // Bond Buyer;02/10/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30576, p30
Presents information on the municipal bond market in Midwestern States as of February 10, 1999. Includes names of issuers; Amount of bond issues; Underwriters.
- Midwest year-end review. // Bond Buyer;02/10/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30576, p32
Presents information on municipal bonds in Midwestern States for the year 1998. Includes volume of municipal bonds issued during the year; Largest bond issues; Performance of the states' bond markets.
- Battle Creek, Mich., Finishes Sale to Help Lure Kellogg's Keebler. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/13/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31967, p7
Reports on the sale of taxable refunding bonds by the city of Battle Creek, Michigan. Change in state tax increment financing laws to restructure the city's debt; Reduction of the debt service payment; Level of net value savings.
- ILLINOIS: DuPage Water Bonds Rise. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/16/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32919, p9
The article reports on the upgrade in DuPage County's waterworks and sewage revenue bond program in Illinois to AA-plus from AA. The upgrade was due to the strength of debt service coverage ratios that are expected to remain steady following a rate increase. The review was executed in connection...
- Colorado's Boulder County Uses Moral Pledge for Housing Deal. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/1/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31917, p41
Reports on the decision of the Boulder County, Colorado Housing Authority to go to the bond market. Amount of the rental housing revenue bonds of the authority; Rating assigned by Standard & Poor's Corp. to the bond; Strength of the bond in the market.
- West Virginia Agency Plans $115M Revenue Bond Issue for Hospital. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;11/24/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32017, p3
Reports on the plan of the West Virginia Hospital Finance Authority to issue multimillion dollars of revenue bonds on behalf of Cabell Huntington Hospital in the U.S. Schedule for the sale; Inclusion of a variable -to-fixed interest rate swap in refunding portion; Assignment of rating to Cabell...