Florida County Pushes Back $90M Sale Until After Holiday
- Springfield, Ill., Deals for Utility, ARS. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/6/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32934, p1
The article reports that Springfield, Illinois is preparing to enter the market with nearly $104 million of senior-lien electric utility revenue bonds to raise the funds to complete a new coal-fired generating plant, finance other projects, and refund its $28 million of auction-rate securities....
- Moody's Assigns Aa3 Rating to Omaha's $53 Million Bond Sale for Sewer System. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/31/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32498, p5
The article reports on the assignment of Aa3 initial rating by Moody's Investors Service Inc. on the initiated sale of $53 million of sanitary sewer revenue bonds in Omaha, Nebraska. The deal is undertaken to fund capital projects for the sewer system and for a study that will assist in...
- Panel of Players Discusses Rating Munis and Nassau County. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;12/06/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31031, p30
No abstract available.
- Prerefunded Perks. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;8/26/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32205, p1
Reports that the fast pace of refunding issuance has left behind a hefty supply of prerefunded and escrowed to maturity municipal bonds in the U.S. Benefit of the trend for the investors; Effect of the continuous rate hikes by the Federal Reserve Board and a flattening Treasury yield curve on...
- Munis Unchanged to Slightly Weaker. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/9/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33413, p2
The article discusses the market performance of the municipal bonds in the U.S. It states that the municipal bond market remained slightly weaker despite the presence of fairly light secondary trading activities. It outlines the status of the triple-A scale yielded bonds in 10 and 30-years...
- Aiming for Fairness Between Muni and Corporate Ratings. Cohen, Natalie R. // Bond Buyer;5/20/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33118, p20
In this article, the author outlines the four key areas on the municipal bond market that are discussed during the hearings of the House Financial Services Committee in the U.S. The author states that the two proposals aimed at restoring municipal government are access to reasonably priced...
- Tran Deals Rated. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/9/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31922, p31
Reports that Standard and Poor's rated both Los Angeles, California, and Oakland, California, SP1-plus for forthcoming tax and revenue anticipation note issues.
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. Carvlin, Elizabeth; Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/22/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31974, p31
Presents news briefs related to municipal bonds in the U.S. as of September 22, 2004. Signature campaign launched by a group opposed to the Indianapolis School District's plan to issue $200 million of bonds; Standard & Poor's upgrade of its bond rating for Wayne County, Michigan; Moody's...
- Memphis Competitively Selling $125 Million of General Improvement Bonds. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/18/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31991, p6
Reports that Memphis, Tennessee will sell general improvement bonds. Bond rating; Budget problems of the city; Bond maturities.