Consumer Confidence Index Surges in June
- Consumer Confidence Dives Off Cliff. Hogsett, Don // Home Textiles Today;10/3/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p15
Reports that consumer confidence in the U.S. plunged almost 18 percent in September 2005, its biggest one-month drop in 15 years. Report from the Conference Board; Impact of Hurricane Katrina, rising gas prices and a weakening jobs outlook; Confidence and spending unlikely to rebound any time soon.
- The Economy. Acomb, Deborah L. // National Journal;12/18/2004, Vol. 36 Issue 51/52, p3779
Presents statistics related to consumption and perception of the U.S. economy as of December 2004. Gift spending plans of adults for the holidays; Rise in confidence in the economy; Plans for major purchases.
- Consumer Confidence Declined in February. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;3/1/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32329, p2
The article reports on the decline of the consumer confidence index in the United States in February 2006. The consumer confidence index declined to 101.7 from an upwardly revised 106.8 in January, according to a report by the Conference Board.
- What Recession? What Recovery? The Arrival of the 21st Century Consumer. Curtin, Richard // Business Economics;Apr2003, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p25
Consumer confidence is a fairly accurate predictor of macroeconomic change. Recently, measures of consumer confidence have been giving ambiguous signals about consumer confidence and future economic growth. The factors behind the levels of consumer confidence as of the end of September 2002 are...
- Consumer Confidence Index Rises to 106.5 in July. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;7/26/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32431, p2
The article reports that the consumer confidence index in the U.S. has increased to 106.5 in July 2006 from a downwardly revised 105.4 in June 2006. The present situation index climbed to 133.0 from a downwardly revised 132.2, while the expectations index rose to 88.8 from a downwardly revised...
- Consumer Confidence Index Dips to 103.2. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;7/27/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32183, p2
Reports on the decline in consumer confidence index for the month of July 2005 in the U.S. Decline in expectations index; Overall state of the economy; Failure of rising fuel prices to dampen consumer interests.
- The Ad Market. Cardona, Mercedes M. // Advertising Age;4/1/2002, Vol. 73 Issue 13, p8
The article presents economic statistics in the U.S. for the period ended March 2002. The consumer confidence index surged to its highest level since before the September 2001 terrorist attacks. Consumers are upbeat about a recovery in terms of the economy, the job market and incomes. Consumers...
- Consumer Confidence Slumps Sharply. Hogsett, Don // Home Textiles Today;3/6/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 22, p19
The article provides an update on the consumer confidence in the U.S. Consumer confidence has slipped by 4.8 percent during the month of February 2006. American consumers are weighing in on the current state of the country's economy. According to Lynn Franco, director of Consumer Research...
- The View from the Riche Niche. Garland, Eric // Financial Planning;Jun2004, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p23
Reports on the spring 2004 Survey of Affluent Americans conducted by the American Affluence Center which looks at the level of confidence of U.S. citizens about their country's economy and their own financial condition. Percentage of respondents who believed that they are better off...