Attention All Swap Advisers: N.Y. State Agencies May Come Calling
- European FRNs Draw Mixed Response. S.H. // High Yield Report;5/31/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 22, p1
Reports on the lack of investor appetite for floating-rate notes in Europe.
- BUOYANT FLOATS. Andrews, Bruce // BRW;10/9/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 39, p76
Reports on the increase in the number of floating rate notes in Australia. Best float for stag profits.
- New law opens door in new york for insurers to enter into derivative investment transactions. Cowan, Erin // Insurance Advocate;01/09/99, Vol. 110 Issue 2, p26
Reports on the approval by New York Governor George Pataki of a law enabling insurance firms to enter into derivative investment transactions previously prohibited. Use of derivative instruments as a vehicle to hedge risk in the market; Requirements for companies before entering the derivatives...
- N.Y.joins other border states securing cargo from terror. // Business Journal (Central New York);12/10/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 50, p5
The article reports that New York State has joined Phase II of the Canada-United States Cargo Security Project to improve the security of international freight entering New York. New York is entering into partnership with the U.S. Attorneys of the Northern District of New York, Vermont, and New...
- New Jersey propels stranded-cost deals. F.M. // Asset Securitization Report;1/29/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p7
Reports on the stranded-cost securities transaction by the New Jersey-based energy provider and utilities company, Public Service Electric and Gas Co. Securitization plans by other electric utility companies; Offer of several classes of floating-rate notes.
- Market Focus: Floating-rate private deals garner new interest. E.H. // Private Placement Letter;5/6/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the floating-rate transactions of private placement investors as of May 2002.
- Prudential taps Synthetic Securities with floating-rate trust receipts. Koning, Rachel // Bond Buyer;02/01/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30569, p37
Reports on Prudential Securities Inc.'s sale of synthetic securities with floating-rate trust receipts. Bank of New York's liquidity support for Prudential's trust receipts; Residual portion's targeting of tax-exempt bond funds.
- Wisconsin's $50 million note sale shows preference for short-term paper. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/30/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30529, p7
Reports that Wisconsin will sell $50 million of general obligation variable-rate notes in December 1998 under a commercial paper program launched in 1997. Funding of construction projects that have traditionally been funded with fixed-rate debt; Interest rate; Attractiveness of the transaction;...
- High Yields Will Be a Stretch for New U.S. Debt. CLARK, KIM // Money;Jan2014, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p19
The article looks at saving and investment as of 2014, reporting on a new security being created by the U.S. Treasury Department, the floating-rate note (FRN), which will be for sale beginning in late January 2014, and saying that consumers can find better rates of return in online bank accounts.