The Show's Over, Folks
- Munis a Source of Stability in Trying Times, Strategists Say. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;3/28/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31803, p7
Consternation over the impact the war in Iraq will have on the economy has led to angst in investors, causing fluctuation in the bond markets. But municipal bonds may have much to offer during such trying times, according to market analysts. The last time investor angst may have been as high was...
- Larger Blocks of Bonds Reaping 'More Aggressive Bids' Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/24/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32203, p6
Reports on the trend observed in the municipal bond market in the U.S. Result of the aggressive demand for larger blocks; Increase in the prices paid per bond for large blocks in desirable sectors and maturities; Opportunities of astute investors who do not require a substantial amount of...
- Market Post: Buy High Grade Before It's Too Late, Traders Warn. Flynn, Hillary // Bond Buyer;11/12/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34210, p1
This is the time to invest in high-grade bonds in the secondary, but market participants have to act soon, traders said.
- Muni Prices End Mostly Firmer Ahead of PRASA, Detroit Deals. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;8/18/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34362, p1
Municipal bond prices finished unchanged to firmer on Monday, traders said, ahead of Tuesday's $750 million bond sale by the Puerto Rico Aqueduct and Sewer Authority and Wednesday's $245 million bond deal from the city of Detroit.
- Seven Firms Fined $90,641 By FINRA. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;8/18/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34362, p1
The Financial Industry Regulatory Authority ordered seven broker-dealer firms to pay a total of more than $90,641 to settle charges of muni trade reporting violations and excessive markups.
- Michigan's $500M to Make Up Nearly 25% of a Shrunken Slate. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/9/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32603, p7
The article reports on the survey which reveals that expected volume in new issue market in April 2007 drops to an estimated $3.5 billion from $5.3 billion as investors return from a long weekend. On April 11, 2007, Merrill Lynch & Co. is set to price $500 million of school loan revolving fund...
- Bond wariness may hurt city. Jarosz, Francesca // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/7/2011, Vol. 31 Issue 50, p3A
The article reports on the potential impact of the decrease in investors' confidence in the municipal bond market on the city of Indianapolis, Indiana. It states that interest rates on municipal bonds have increased in December 2010 and January 2011 because investors have pulled their money from...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;01/24/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31063, p36
Presents charts on the performance of the bond market in the United States, on January 23, 2001. Municipal bond index; Bond prices.
- Munis Lower in Sluggish Market; Treasury Rebound Improves Tone. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;10/5/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31983, p2
Reports on the bond market activity in the U.S. Difficulty of the underwriters to distribute new deals amid daily declines in bond prices; Volatility of the economy; Decline of demand for municipal bonds.