Cauval exit clears way for Payne bid as MacKenzie prepares to retire
- Is the price right? Westphal, Linda // Cabinet Maker;12/04/98, Issue 5117, p1
Opinion. Discusses the issues concerning the fate of British furniture firms Christie-Tyler and Walker & Homer. Remarks of Michael Teacher, chief executive of firms' owner Hillsdown Holdings; Issue of money.
- Hillsdown might sell Christie Tyler and Walker & Homer. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;03/13/98, Issue 5079, p5
Reports on the possibility that Hillsdown Holdings may put upholstery companies Christie Tyler and Walker & Home for sale as part of a disposal review. Increase in the combined profits of the two companies in 1997; Current furniture trading of Hillsdown as satisfactory.
- Autumn date likely for C-T and Walker & Homer sale. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;07/10/98, Issue 5096, p6
Reports on the completion of the sale of Christie-Tyler and Walker & Homer by September 1998. Combined operating profit of the stores in 1997; Remarks from Michael Teacher, chief executive of parent company Hillsdown Holdings.
- No trade sale for C-T and Walker & Homer. // Cabinet Maker;09/11/98, Issue 5105, p2
Reports on the sale of Great Britain-based upholstery companies Christie-Tyler and Walker & Homer by their parent company Hillsdown Holdings. Possible overseas buyers for the companies.
- French firm renews C-T interest. // Cabinet Maker;11/06/98, Issue 5113, p2
Reports on Cauval's renewed interest to acquire Hillsdown Holdings PLC's owned furniture companies Christie-Tyler and Walker and Homer. Christie-Tyler and Walker and Homer parent company Hillsdown Holdings' rejection of Cauval's initial offer; Cauval's reluctance to increase its cash offer.
- MBO mooted for Christie-Tyler. // Cabinet Maker;04/24/98, Issue 5085, p2
Reports that a management buyout will be the likely option for Christie-Tyler after the announcement of its parent company Hillsdown Holdings on the future of its non-food divisions. Restructuring of the sales operation from agents to sales representatives at Hillsdown and its divisions;...
- MBO indicated for C-T and Walker & Homer sell off. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;05/15/98, Issue 5088, p2
Reports on the management buyout for Christie-Tyler and Walker & Homer, two of Great Britain's largest upholstery manufacturers. Reasons for the management buyout instead of floating them on the stock market; Combined turnover and operating profit of the two companies together with the office...
- Growth for C-T as sister group slows. // Cabinet Maker;03/12/99, Issue 5129, p4
Reports on the earnings of British upholstery firm Christie-Tyler and sister company Walker & Homer in 1998.
- Top man. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;03/12/99, Issue 5129, p20
Reports on Hillsdown Holdings PLC's growth plans for its Christie-Tyler and Walker & Homer furniture units. Move of the company toward specialist furniture stores in Great Britain; Comments from Michael Teacher, Hillsdown's chief executive; Export plans; Teacher's vision for the company's...