New All-Digital Box Helps to Set the Pace
- Expanding HD OB. // TVB Europe;Jun2007, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p10
The article features the Â£2 million single expanding outside broadcast vehicle, Unit 7, of 021 Television company in Europe. It has a capacity for up to 16 video tape recorders (VTRs)/electronic visualization system (EVS) and the two-tiered VTR area seats up to seven people. Kevin Moorhouse,...
- Snapshots from Montreux 97. // TVB Europe;Aug97, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p10
Reports on product launches at the 1997 International Television Symposium & Technical Exhibition. Pinnacle Systems's video storage and retrieval system; Andrew Corp.'s K-Band combiner for earth station antennas.
- Encoders: The building blocks of DTV. Hobbs, Barry // Broadcast Engineering;Aug98, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p94
Features the NDS Series 5000 E5810 encoder system, which is designed to handle both high definition television (HDTV) and standard-definition television (SDTV) formats. Key function of encoders; Advantages of the Series 5000 E5810; Data integrity and quality control.
- HDTV equipment. Luff, John // Broadcast Engineering;Mar2003, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p508
Focuses on the equipments used for complying with high definition television (HDTV) standards. Cameras and lenses and image sensors; Fiber optics and switchers; Availability of HDTV equipments in a single package.
- PRODUCTION SWITCHERS AND EFFECTS. // Broadcast Engineering;Mar2000, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p102
Highlights the importance of high-definition television capability when considering production switchers and effects systems. Advantages of digital television in transmitting high definition pictures into homes; Factors that need to be considered when selecting production switchers.
- CUTTING EDGE. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;07/10/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 29, p73
Reports on developments concerning electronic equipment in television broadcasting as of July 10, 2000. Inclusion of Eyemark Video Services' acceptance of the Uplinker of the Year Gold Award from Loral Skynet; NCUBE Corp.'s provision of streaming-media systems to Celerity Systems for...
- TV Portal Picture Becomes More Clear. Leddy, Craig // Multichannel News;04/23/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 17, p48
Discusses the functions and the significance of the television (TV) portal to interactive television broadcasting. Various definitions of a TV portal; Views regarding the ownership of TV portals; Multiple-systems operators' (MSO) launch of portal-like menus of digital series; Importance of TV...
- What's new in broadcasting. // TVB Europe;Jan99, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p17
Presents a guide to television broadcasting products available for use in audio for video, post production, production and transmission, compiled as of January 1999. Includes Genelec's 2029A Digital Stereo Monitoring System; United Media's On-Line Express nonlinear editing software; Clear-Com's...
- FOR-A expands 3Gbps products. Kerschbaumer, Ken // TVB Europe;Sep2009, p43
The article reports on the upgrade for FOR-A Ltd.'s 3 gigabytes per second (3Gbps) UFM-30 series modular frame system. It states that the new line-up feature variety of options and choices to meet the requirements of every 3Gbps transport needs. The company's RFM-30DDA video distribution...