Executives: Media Centers Are a Must
- EVENTS. // Multichannel News;12/20/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 51, p40
Presents information on conferences and other activities in the U.S. cable television industry scheduled for January to June 2005.
- On the Circuit:. // CableFAX Daily;9/20/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 182, p3
The article provides updates on seminars and conferences on media technologies in the U.S. The 35th annual National Hunting and Fishing Day was sponsored by The Outdoor Channel. CTAM Research Conference which will be held on February 7-9, 2007 in Saint Petersburg, Florida has opened its...
- Getting-or Giving--The Business. Arlen, Gary // Multichannel News;5/26/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 21, p30
Comments on the contradictions that were at display at the Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing's 'first commercial services' seminar held in Atlanta, Georgia in May 2003. Participants at the seminar; Commercial potential of the cable and telecommunication market; Perception of...
- CATV seminar simulates future. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Sep97, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p34
Offers information on World CATV Strategy Summit, a seminar designed to help cable television (CATV) operators to develop their telecommunication strategies. Activities and events schedules; Sponsors of the event; Contact information.
- Cable TV Pioneers inducts Class of '09. // CED;Apr2009, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p8
The article lists the Cable TV Pioneers' Class of 2009 which includes William Beaty Jr. from Comporium Communications, Michael W. Drake from Milestone Communications, and Tom Feige from Time Warner Cable.
- EURO CABLERS, SATCHOS FORGE TIES FOR NEW ORG. Jambs, Alison // Daily Variety;10/10/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 28, p4
Reports on the organization of an association of cable and satellite channels in Europe. Conflict with local cable operators on issues on distribution charge; Accessibility of cable networks.
- The Problem with Cable Programming. Polka, Matthew M. // Multichannel News;8/6/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 32, p53
Discusses the problems faced by the cable television industry in the United States. Rate of increases for cable programming; Effect of mergers on consumer cable prices; Initiatives taken by the American Cable Association to address the harm caused by retransmission-consent-tying agreements.
- Wait 'til next year, WCA says. Schlosser, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;06/30/97, Vol. 127 Issue 27, p70
Reports on the Wireless Cable Association's (WCA) pledge to revive the cable television industry. Downfall of the industry as cable stock prices decline and investors shift to other fields; Mixed comments from industry executives; Reliance on technology to boost subscription.
- ACA Through the Years. // Multichannel News;4/7/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 14, p18
The article offers information on the history of the American Cable Association (ACA). It was formerly known as the Small Cable Business Association (SCBA) which represented small independent cable operators on various critical issues. It provides the important events and issues that helped...