The Interactive Future
- Gambling goes interactive. O'Halloran, Joe // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;Dec2002/Jan2003, Issue 332, p14
Focuses on the use of high technology interactive television applications by Attheraces in Great Britain's gambling market. Problems faced by gamblers in the online betting services; Increase in the popularity of Attheraces due to its real time video; Other reasons leading to the success of the...
- Developing an interactive television system that works. Masi, C.G. // R&D Magazine;June97, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p54
Looks at the development of interactive television, a concept derived from the combination of powerful computers and television sets. Efforts to launch broadcast television technology digitally. INSETS: Networks link the world to your tv.;Set-top box combines digital and analog data.;More info..
- IN, Eon start early on interactive TV. O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;11/15/93, Vol. 225 Issue 20, p24
Outlines interactive television applications envisioned by Eon company and Interactive Network Inc. Prediction of game show answers or plays in sporting events; Participation in political polls; Access product data from advertisers; More.
- Bergdorf bulletin. Edelson, Sharon // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/15/1994, Vol. 167 Issue 50, p20
Reports on Bergdorf Goodman and NYNEX's trial for interactive television home shopping. Stage of development for the project; Test date; Clients for the project.
- Data net. // Electronic News;5/30/94, Vol. 40 Issue 2016, p22
Reports on the development and introduction of products important to the connectivity of computers and communication systems. American Telephone and Telegraph Company's incorporation of Radish Communication Systems' VoiceView protocol into its VoiceSpan product; Integrated Telecom Technology...
- Christmas comes early as firms try to kick-start TV-commerce. Thomas, Daniel // Computer Weekly;4/18/2002, p4
Reports on the inauguration of interactive television (iTV) commerce market. Objectives of TV-Christmas initiative; Factors influencing transactions of iTV; Sponsors to TV-Christmas initiative. INSET: The aims of the TV-Christmas initiative..
- Interactive Television. Hall, Gary S. // Mix;Apr2002, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p98
Discusses several interactive television (ITV) technologies. Information on enhanced TV: Content specification which resulted from the work of the Advanced Television Enhancement Forum; Features and services of MSN TV; Prediction on audio production for ITV; Views on the future of ITV.
- What's on tonight? Use the phone. Kantra, Suzanne; Antonoff, Michael // Popular Science;Jan94, Vol. 244 Issue 1, p38
Discusses TV Directory, an interactive television listing service under development that lets users select canned audio descriptions of an evening's programs through a special phone connected to a TV set. Use of the Analog Display Services Interface (ADSI) protocol; How system works; Future...
- Technical alliances spark drive for interactive TV. Bak, David J. // Design News;9/25/95, Vol. 51 Issue 18, p25
Discusses how interactive TV (ITV) turns passive viewers into active participants through digital transmission and fiber optics technology. Three key components of ITV technology; Designing the set-top unit; Video-server designs; Setting of standards; Industry alliances in developing...