The DBS Brat Pack
- DirecTV nears signal deals. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;07/19/99, Vol. 129 Issue 30, p13
Reports on satellite television company DirecTV's negotiations with broadcast television networks for deals that would allow it to carry the signals of television stations in their local markets. Company's wait for results of the United States Congress' deliberations on satellite television...
- Power DirecTv threatens pull-out. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;5/1/95, Vol. 22 Issue 20, p51
Reports that the Canadian subsidiary of the American Satellite broadcaster DirecTv may be forced to withdraw plans for Canadian service. Statement from Joel Bell, chairman of Power DirecTv.
- DirecTV charms America with 24-hour Chinese channel. Mendoza, Jaime // Asia Pacific Arts;2/15/2010, p4
Launch of new satellite channel will stream Mainland content for Chinese-speaking audiences
- Cable and signal thieves beware. Figueroa, Hector Berrios // Caribbean Business;8/16/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 33, p6
Presents details on the campaign of satellite entertainment service provider, DirecTV to fight against the illegal use of cable and signal in Puerto Rico. Identification of the criminals with the help of federal agencies; Offer of rewards for people with information on the illegal activities.
- DirecTV soon to be available. Martinez, Jose // Caribbean Business;6/3/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 21, p15
Discusses the digital satellite broadcasting service to be marketed by DirecTV in Puerto Rico. Management of the service assigned to Galaxy Latin America; Discussion on Galaxy Latin America; Features of the digital broadcasting service.
- DirecTV adds channels. Martinez, Jose // Caribbean Business;11/25/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 46, p17
Focuses on the expansion of DirecTV's channel lineup for subscribers of its Platinum and Gold HBO premium plans. HBO Zone, ActionMax and HOB Family as the new channels included in the lineup; Target audience; Company's plan to launch a third satellite by the end of 2000; Third quarter 2000 plans.
- DirecTV to open new offices in Mayaguez. Martinez, Jose // Caribbean Business;12/30/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 51, p29
Informs that digital satellite television provider DirecTV will open an office in Mayaguez, Puerto Rico. Targeted systems sales; Future plans.
- Seeking the secrets of a satellite receiver. Dipert, Brian // EDN;1/18/2007, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p38
The article evaluates D11-100, a television satellite receiver from Direct TV.
- DirecTv Will Hike Rates To New Subs. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;03/27/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p17
Reports on developments related to United States-based satellite television company DirecTV as of March 27, 2000. Company's plan to raise rates for new subscribers; Launch of a direct-sales initiative; Plan to include the Oxygen programming network.