TV's Sports Utility Vehicle
- DirecTV To Offer International Soccer Package. // Satellite Today;3/27/2006, Vol. 5 Issue 56, p5
The article says that DirecTV company has prepared a package of channels for fans of Italian soccer. The satellite operator has announces that the package includes GoITV, FoxSoccer Channel and SKY TG24 and costs $19.99 per month in addition to the basic subscription. DirecTV International vice...
- A French Open Mosaic. REYNOLDS, MIKE // Multichannel News;4/16/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 16, p6
The article reports that the dedicated sports and lifestyle service Tennis Channel and direct-broadcast satellite leader DirecTV have reached a multiyear distribution agreement with the direct-broadcast satellite leader. The deal will commence with a preview of the French Open which presages the...
- DirecTV/NFL 'Sunday Ticket' Is $99 For HD. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;5/23/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p6
This article reports that DirecTV subscribers who take the National Football League (NFL) Sunday Ticket will have to pay an extra fee for the privilege of viewing games in high definition, as of May 2005. Under a newly announced plan called NFL Sunday Ticket SuperFan, NFL Sunday Ticket...
- Soccers fans giving Sport 7 the boot. Edmunds, Marlene // Variety;11/04/96, Vol. 364 Issue 14, p39
Reports on Netherlands-based sports channel Sport 7's financial difficulties.
- STAR TV scores Indian hockey. Van Housen, Caty // Hollywood Reporter;11/28/95, Vol. 340 Issue 1, pI-5
Reports that STAR TV has acquired the broadcasting rights to Indian field hockey in Asia.
- Tracking Satellite HD Options. Elrich, David // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;1/5/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p92
The article reports on satellite high definition (HD) options offered by direct-to-home satellite TV suppliers as of January 2006. It was found that DirecTV aired more than 125 National Football League games in HD. The company also offer HD pay-per-view channel. Dish Network offers a low rate...
- Competition. // CableFAX Daily;3/24/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 57, p2
Reports on the launch of CalcioDirect, a television subscription package aimed at Italian soccer fans, from DirecTV.
- The NFL gains big yardage using a high-tech playbook. McGraw, Dan // U.S. News & World Report;9/11/95, Vol. 119 Issue 10, p56
Discusses how the sales of direct-broadcast satellite systems are booming in 1995, particularly among sports fans. How the National Football League (NFL) has gotten into the act by offering its first full season of `Sunday Ticket' subscription service; DirecTV's exclusive license with the NFL;...
- `You get more eyeballs'. Crespo, Mariana // FW;2/14/95, Vol. 164 Issue 4, p95
Discusses various aspects concerning the use of direct broadcast satellite (DBS) technology in the television coverage of professional sports activities. Features of the DBS technology; Components and installation; Cost of the satellite dish required for signal reception; Impact on professional...