Others Look Back
- 'Que Ball'--A Fine Western Fete. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;12/08/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 49, p6
Presents news on the cable television industry as of December 2003. Information on a retirement party for Que Spaulding, distribution president of Starz at the home of former boss John Sie; Move of the regional Yankees Entertainment & Sports Network to book actor Michael Douglas as a guest at...
- Man of Ideas. Haley, Kathy // Multichannel News;2003 Supplement, Vol. 24, p22B
Features John Sie, senior vice president of cable television company Tele-Communications Inc. in the U.S. Educational background; Highlights of his career; Contributions to the cable industry; His advice to younger people who aspire to succeed in life and business.
- the up side of Down. Radcliff, David // Ability Magazine;Oct/Nov2011, p44
An interview with Michelle Sie Whitten, executive director of the Global Down Syndrome Foundation, is presented. When asked about the work she does at the foundation, she cites the ability of the foundation to fill a void of information about Down syndrome. Whitten says that her first child was...
- Michelle Sie Whitten the up side of Down. // Ability;Oct/Nov2011, p44
An interview with Global Down Syndrome Foundation (GDSF) executive director Michelle Sie Whitten is presented. Whitten says that the foundation focuses on historical information related to Down syndrome. She warns that 50% of children born with Down syndrome also have congenital heart problems...
- Cable: Doing Well, Can Do Better. Spaulding, Que // Multichannel News;5/10/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 19, p49
Presents an excerpt of comments made by Que Spaulding, former Starz Encore Group LLC president of distribution, at a National Association for Multi-Ethnicity in Communications breakfast at the National Show in New Orleans, Louisiana in May 2004, concerning the financial services industry.
- Spaulding heads Starz distribution. Andreeva, Nellie // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;02/29/2000, Vol. 361 Issue 49, p10
Reports on the promotion of Que Spaulding to president of distribution at Starz Encore Group. Career in the company; Job responsibilities; Direct supervisor.
- TCI banking on a SeaChange in ad insertions. C.M. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/14/95, Vol. 125 Issue 33, p38
Reports that TCI is investing more than $2 million on a Spot Insertion System digital ad insertion system for its Chicago cable systems. Purpose of the investment; Features of the SeaChange system; Utilization of MPEG compression by SeaChange system.
- TCI is bigger, working on better. Coleman, Price // Broadcasting & Cable;8/12/96, Vol. 126 Issue 34, p63
Reports on the efforts by Tele-Communications Inc. to improve its public image. Comment from vice president Lela Cocoros; Signs showing the effectiveness of the company's efforts; Firms assisting the company.
- TCI kicks off $2 billion fiber upgrade. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;4/19/93, Vol. 123 Issue 16, p50
Details the assertions of Tele-Communications Inc. that the cable rate regulation cannot affect the ability of the company to upgrade its coaxial cable facilities using fiber optic cable. TCI's `quite fair' cable rates; Expected cost and coverage of installation of fiber optic cable; Fiber optic...