S as in Growth Spurt
- COMCAST STARZ! WAR. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;11/21/2002, Vol. 277 Issue 34, p1
Focuses on the lawsuit filed by cable giant Comcast against pay television group Starz Encore over an unusually expensive deal Comcast inherited from AT&T. Settlement being discussed by the two parties; Alleged liability of the cabler for increases in programming costs; View of Starz that the...
- Robert Clasen. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;1/10/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p42
Features Robert Clasen, president and CEO of Starz Entertainment Group. Launch by Starz of marketing campaigns; Career background; Development by Starz of a broad online training program.
- STARZ!-CROSSED. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;9/24/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 58, p1
Reports on the defeat of the movie Web Starz Encore owned by John Malone to Comcast over carriage terms and programming subsidies inherited from its acquisition of AT&T Broadband. Claim by Liberty for Comcast to pay higher license fees to Starz due to the AT&T rate card; Agreement for the...
- Comcast Sees Starz Over Free VOD. Becker, Anne; Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;7/4/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 27, p4
Reports on the plan of Comcast to increase the number of free video-on-demand motion pictures offered to digital-cable subscribers in the U.S. under a deal with Starz Encore Group. Terms of the agreement; Significance of the increased offerings; Appointment of MTV Networks veteran Diane Robina...
- Comcast Gets What It Wants. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;9/29/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 39, p3
Reports that Comcast Cable has resolved its legal tussle with pay-TV service Starz Encore Group LLC through a distribution pact. Terms of the distribution deal; Importance of the litigation's resolution for Starz; Rise in the programming costs of Starz in September 2003; Concerns of Richard...
- Starz Gets Real With Broadcast SVOD. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;12/9/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 49, p20
Reports that U.S.-based cable television networks Starz Encore Group LLC and Real Networks Inc. will offer a broadband-based online subscription video-on-demand service as of 2003. Consumers who can buy movies online through the facility; Price of subscription for the facility; Efforts of Real...
- MILESTONES IN THE HISTORY OF STARZ! // Television Week;12/20/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 51, p20
Presents a timeline of the progress of Starz Encore Media Group. Launch of the company in 1991; Demonstration of subscription video-on-demand technology in Los Angeles, California on December 2, 1999; Retirement of John Sie as president and CEO on May 7, 2004; Appointment of Robert Clasen as...
- Starz Taps Former Comcaster To Help Expand Distribution. Neel, K.C. // Cable World (10427228);7/07/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 27, p7
Announces the appointment of cable television industry executive Robert Clasen at Starz Encore Group. Career highlights of Clasen; Responsibilities the job requires; Background of the company; Overview of a lawsuit between Starz and Comcast Corp.
- Starz Align for Clasen. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;12/6/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 49, p8
Reports on the appointment of Robert Clasen as CEO of Starz Entertainment Group (SEG). Career highlights; Remarks from Robert Bennett, CEO of Liberty Media Corp.; Plans of Clasen for SEG.