John Sie's Legacy
- Pay TV Does H'W'D Shuffle. Dempsey, John // Variety;02/07/2000, Vol. 377 Issue 12, p27
Discusses the deals between major studios in the United States and pay television (TV) networks. Movie packages sold by Columbia Pictures, 20th Century Fox, Touchstone and others to the pay TV networks; Deal of Starz! with Sony; Reason Home Box Office (HBO) declined to sign a deal with Sony;...
- CABLE'S Next Generation. // Multichannel News;7/12/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 28, p49
Introduces the profiles of cable industry executives in the U.S. who are likely to take part in significant changes within their firms.
- PEOPLE. // Multichannel News;11/27/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 48, p142
Reports on developments related to cable television and subscription television executives in the United States as of November 27, 2000. Appointment of Sal Petruzzi as director of public affairs for A&E Networks; Appointment of Scott Langerman as vice president of new business for BBC America;...
- Iger: Show me a Model. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;4/6/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 14, p2
The article discusses the assessment of Robert Iger, CEO of Walt Disney Co. on the web subscription model proposal in the cable industry in the U.S. He says that the industry must find an online model that works sufficiently for programmers and distributors. He praised the industry, but warned...
- Pay TV won't ante for Western show. Dempsey, John // Variety;11/27/2000, Vol. 381 Issue 2, p15
Focuses on the defection of several pay television networks at the 2000 Western Cable Show in Los Angeles, California. Average cost for sending a representative at the event; Reason of Starz/Encore and Playboy Channel for not attending the event; Attitude of cable networks toward the event.
- CABLE CAPSULES. // Daily Variety;4/3/2007, Vol. 295 Issue 2, pA3
The article offers information on several cable television channels. It includes A&E, ABC Family, Adult Swim, Animal Planet, and BET Networks. Information presented include the number of subscribers, top original television programs, and upcoming original television programs. Key network and...
- Tucson-area television service providers. // Inside Tucson Business;8/27/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 23, p12
Reports the ranking of television service providers based on the number of subscribers in Tucson, Arizona. Number of channels handled; Price of basic services on a monthly basis; Parent companies of the service providers.
- NETWORK SUBSCRIBER COUNTS. // Multichannel News;12/2/2002 Supplement, Vol. 23, p28A
Lists cable networks and their number of subscribers under categories of basic services, pay services and regional basic services as of December 2002. Cable system affiliates and subscribers of A&E Network; Alternate distribution subscribers and total subscribers of ABC Family.
- People's choice: Top cable shows. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/1/95, Vol. 125 Issue 18, p29
Lists the top basic cable programs in the United States for the week of April 17-23, 1995. Percentages of total households each network reaches; Ranking of top five pay cable programs ranked by households.