Vulcan Can't Block RCN Financing
- Allen's RCN deal has short coattails. Farrell // Multichannel News;10/11/99, Vol. 20 Issue 42, p68
Reports on the impact of Vulcan Ventures Inc.'s investment in RCN Corp. on competitive-local-exchange-carrier (CLEC) stock. Value of the investment; Conservative rise of some CLEC stocks; Introduction of strategic players; Potential for merger and acquisition activity.
- Comments on the Railroad Reorganization Provisions of the Bankruptcy Act of 1973. Simpson, Joseph C. // Business Lawyer;Jul75, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p1207
Comments on the railroad reorganization provisions of the Bankruptcy Act of 1973 in the United States. Condition prior to Section 77; Objectives in the initial drafting of Section 77; Concern of the rehabilitation on the interest of the debtors, creditors and stockholders.
- Creditors Seeking Bankruptcy For American Housing Foundation. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/28/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33122, p3
The article focuses on the forced bankruptcy filed by the creditors of the nonprofit American Housing Foundation at the federal court in Amarillo, Texas. The lawyers of Wells Fargo Bank and other creditors are asking the court for the foundation to declare bankruptcy due to its failure to pay...
- Ninth Circuit Speaks: Administrative Holds over Bank Accounts. BOLTON, KASEY // ABI Journal;Dec2014, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p54
The article discusses the U.S. court case Mwangi v. Wells Fargo related on the government's jurisdiction on the bank accounts of business enterprises that filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy. The U.S. Ninth Circuit Court held that a bank freeze without the proper provision for setoff on the...
- Allen taps into CLEC world. Farrell // Multichannel News;10/11/99, Vol. 20 Issue 42, p1
Highlights Paul Allen's move to embrace competitive local-exchange carriers with Vulcan Ventures Inc.'s deal to buy a stake in RCN Corp. Value of the deal; Areas of operations; Percentage of RCN that Vulcan already owned.
- SUBORDINATING SUBORDINATION: WORLDCOM AND THE EFFECT OF SARBANES- OXLEY'S FAIR FUNDS PROVISION ON DISTRIBUTIONS IN BANKRUPTCY. Henry, Douglas A. // Emory Bankruptcy Developments Journal;2004, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p259
Explores the role of the Fair Funds provision of the U.S. Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 in the distribution of assets in bankruptcy. Attempts of the U.S. Congress to examine case law and theories of equity; Establishment of a priority distribution system which favored the claims of creditors;...
- The OPTIONS APPROACH. // Business Review (Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia);2002 Third Quarter, p24
Focuses on an approach proposed by Lucien Bebchuck to satisfying claimants in bankruptcy in the U.S. Options for senior creditors, junior creditors and the firm's stockholders; Sample case using the proposed approach.
- The Other Key: Competition Between Shareholders and Creditors for the Tax Benefits of Bankruptcy. Johnson, W. Bruce // Business Lawyer;May94, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p1121
Examines the competition between shareholders and creditors for the tax benefits of bankruptcy in the United States. Bankruptcy jurisdiction over taxes; Elaboration of Section 541 of the Bankruptcy Act of 1898; Benefits of government regulation as property.
- Monopoly buster RCN in bankruptcy. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;5/28/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 39, p5
Reports that the cable television company RCN has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. Efforts to bust cable monopolies in local markets; Cost for RCN of building its network; Creditors' support for a restructuring plan.