Bundle Plan Panned
- Substandard news from Comcast is a real downer. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;10/26/2007, Vol. 400 Issue 56, p2
The article focuses on the decrease in the stock prices of various cable television networks in the U.S. in October 2007. According to the management of the cable television operator Comcast Corp., increased competition has reduced the number of the operator's subscribers. The prices of...
- Cable, DSL show similar gains. // CED;Feb2003, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p16
Evaluates the deployment of advanced telecommunications capability of the cable modem and DSL technology in the U.S. Provision of symmetrical speeds greater than 200k kbps; Percentage increase of the small business high-speed lines; Ranks of high-speed subscribers in terms of demographics and...
- 'Broadband 100' Continues Growth Course. Winslow, George // Multichannel News;12/9/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 49, p16A
Lists top telecommunications companies, both cable operators and digital subscriber line providers that have substantially added to their high speed data subscriber counts since April 2001. Names of the companies; Method of data transmission used by them; Number of subscribers of these companies.
- Show swappers. // Business News New Jersey;08/24/98, Vol. 11 Issue 30, p3
Reports on the development of original programming by Comcast and Cablevision, the two largest cable systems in New Jersey. Comcast's sports and call-in programs; Nomination of Comcast for a Philadelphia, Pennsylvania-area Emmy award; Swapping of shows by the companies in November 1998.
- Industry stocks. // Multichannel News;11/8/99, Vol. 20 Issue 46, p46
Presents information on the stock market performance of cable television and telecommunications companies in the United States, as of November 2, 1999. Multisystem operators; Equipment vendors; Direct broadcast satellite/wireless cable. INSET: DSL.net takes on second tier..
- Industry stocks. // Multichannel News;11/29/99, Vol. 20 Issue 49, p58
Presents statistics reflecting the stock performance of cable television and other telecommunication companies in the United States as of November 22, 1999. Multiple system operators; Programmers; Equipment vendors; Direct broadcast satellite and wireless cable. INSET: Rhythms tries to catch beat..
- STOCK FOCUS. // Multichannel News;11/20/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 47, p86
Focuses on United States cable television and telecommunication stocks, as of November 14, 2000. Competitive local-exchange carrier Allegiance Telecom; Top five gainers and losers; Indexes.
- INDUSTRY STOCKS. // Multichannel News;05/22/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 21, p52
Reports on the stock performance of publicly-traded cable and telecommunication companies in the United States as of May 16, 2000. Percentage changes in stock prices; 52-week highs and lows; Focus on the stock performance of Liberty Digital Inc.
- VOOM LOWERS BOOM. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;10/27/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 16, p8
Reports on the decline in Cablevision System Corp.'s share price after it decided to mortgage its cable television assets in order to pay for its Voom high-definition venture in the U.S. Reactions of Cablevision investors to the decision; Criticism of the company's failure to protect...