Discovery Kids on Applebee's Summer Menu
- DISCOVERY TIMES UNVEILS PROGRAMS. Hibberd, James // Television Week;7/7/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 27, p1
Presents an update on the programming roster of cable television channel, Discovery Times Channel as of July 7, 2003. Issues that will be addressed by several documentaries that will be aired at Discovery Times Channel; Terms of a strategic alliance between Times Co. and Discovery...
- New kid on cable block. Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;5/1/2009, Vol. 303 Issue 19, p1
The article reports on the collaboration of Hasbro Inc. and Discovery Communications LLC to take a 50% stake in the Discovery Kids cable channel in the U.S. The partners plan to penetrate the children's market which is ruled by Nickelodeon, Disney and Turner's Cartoon Network. As part of the...
- Oprah Finds More to OWN With Discovery Nets Deal. Crupi, Anthony // MediaWeek;1/21/2008, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p4
The article reports that television talk show host Oprah Winfrey has announced plans to launch her own cable television network. Winfrey is partnering with Discovery Communications to transform the current Discovery Health Channel into OWN: The Oprah Winfrey Network. It is scheduled to launch in...
- Discovery pushes more content. Francis, Leithen // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;1/10/2003, p12
Reports on the introduction of additional hours of content by Discovery Networks Asia to improve its programming. Reasons behind the introduction of additional hours; Strategy adopted by company to focus on theme based programs; Decision to increase broadcasting of programs; Plans of the...
- Discovery doubles ops. // Daily Variety;12/11/2000, Vol. 270 Issue 6, p16
Reports on the plan of the Discovery Network to venture into digital broadcasting and improve its infrastructural operations in India.
- SECOND HELPING. Cameron, Layne // Indianapolis Monthly;Mar2000, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p26
Reports on the Channel 6's revival of the television news segment `Duffy's Diner' which features restaurants in Indiana. Reasons for the segment's removal from the air for a four-year period.
- Pubcaster Arte ups its Euro initiatives. // Daily Variety;08/22/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 56, p13
Announces the plan of German/French pubcaster Arte to boost activities around Europe. Arte's alliances with other European pubcasters.
- Co-prod'ns in Oak. Meza, Ed // Daily Variety;4/12/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 7, p12
Reports that Singapore's Media Development Authority inked in 2005 television investment and co-production deals with Discovery Networks Asia and Singapore's Oak3 Films.
- Discovery offers glimpse at use of TiVo. Berger, Robin // Electronic Media;08/30/99, Vol. 18 Issue 35, p14
Focuses on Discovery Communications' plans for the personalized television service called TiVo. Chance for TiVo subscribers to choose and record their favorite Discovery programs; Utilization of guides customized for specific networks.