P&C Insurance Industry Profits Jumped 10-Fold in 2003, Report Says
- Enduring Quality. Whitney, Sally // Best's Review;Jan2004, Vol. 104 Issue 9, p6
Introduces topics related to insurance in the U.S. Performance ratings of certain property and casualty insurance companies; Maintenance of the financial strength of the companies; Reputations of the companies.
- String of catastrophes fail to turn market. Greenwald, Judy // Business Insurance;12/20/2010, Vol. 44 Issue 49, p21
The article discusses the weak performance of the commercial property and casualty insurance market in 2010, with several charts and tables showing the sector's performance in 2009 and 2010.
- ALBERTA-INCORPORATED INSURERS ALMOST DOUBLE CONSOLIDATED NET INCOME. // Canadian Underwriter;Oct2010, Vol. 77 Issue 10, p10
The article reports on the increase in the consolidated net income of Alberta-incorporated property and casualty insurers from 2009 to 2010, as indicated in the figures reported by several companies including Fortress Insurance Co., Canadian Farm Insurance Co., and Alberta Motor Insurance Co.
- Property and Casualty Insurers. Neufell, Danielle // njbiz;4/28/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p24
The article lists the top 25 property and casualty insurers in the state of New Jersey based on their direct premium production for 2006, which include the New Jersey Manufacturers Insurance Company, Selective Insurance Group, and Travelers of New Jersey.
- Property and Casualty Insurers. NEUFELL, DANIELLE // njbiz;2010 Book of Lists, Vol. 22 Issue 51, p126
The article lists the top property and casualty insurers in New Jersey ranked by 2008 direct premiums which include Selective Insurance Group, High Point Safety and Insurance and Princeton Insurance.
- Property & Casualty Insurance Carriers (NAICS 524126). // World Industry & Market Outlook Report;2015, p1
Several charts on establishments, employment and sales totals for property and casualty insurance carriers across 45 of the largest countries in the world in 2015, are presented.
- PROPERTY & CASUALTY INSURANCE CARRIERS (NAICS 524126). // United States Property & Casualty Insurance Carriers Industry Re;2016, p1
An industry report of the property & casualty insurance carriers in the U.S. during 2015-2017 is presented from publisher Barnes Reports, with topics including estimated sales, estimated number of employees, and estimated number of establishments.
- Hard market gives big boost to E&S industry. Ceniceros, Roberto; Lenckus, Dave; Roberts, Sally; Wojcik, Joanne; Zolkos, Rodd // Business Insurance;9/8/2003, Vol. 36 Issue 36, p10
Business remains brisk for the excess and surplus lines industry, though premium volume gains this year likely will trail the exceptional increases seen in 2002, wholesalers and insurers said. One factor limiting growth in 2003 is increased competition from the standard market, in part due to...
- P-C Insurers Boost Profits, But Concerns Loom. Ha, Michael // National Underwriter / P&C;1/3/2005, Vol. 109 Issue 1, p8
Reports on the net income of property-casualty insurers in the U.S. for the first nine months of 2004. Underwriting results.