- Surviving Online. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;6/5/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 23, p14
Focuses on online offerings of television stations for viewers in Spokane, Washington. Online services offered by KREM.com including blogs from anchors and reporters of the station; Features of the Web site of NBC affiliate KHQ such as a video player and a live traffic camera; Topics of...
- Capital Gains. Becker, Anne // Broadcasting & Cable;3/6/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 10, p15
Reports on the competition among TV stations in Texas as of March 2006. Growth in the ratings of CBS-owned KEYE; Investments of TV stations on Web sites; Major changes made by KTBC, a syndication of Fox station. INSET: Anchor Reunion.
- Using the Internet to Drive Viewership. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;9/15/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 37, p13
Reports on the launch by U.S. television station WBRZ-TV of the Web site 2theadvocate.com, as of September 2003. Objectives behind the effort; Discussion on convergence in local television business; Background information on the television station.
- Starz Shelves 'Sharper Movies' HD Channel. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;10/6/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 40, p10
Reports on the decision of Starz Encore Group to suspend the launch of Sharper Movies HD high definition television channel in December 2003. Reasons for the suspension; Subscription scheme for the channel.
- Mogulus. Burr, Pat LeMay // TechEdge;Spring2009, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p15
The article features the free beta site Mogulus accessed at http://www.mogulus.com. It notes that Mogulus provides a no-cost television broadcasting solution to the lack of continuity of theme or content for files uploaded by students. It adds that a class is enabled to develop and run its own...
- Web Sites 'Saviors' of Stations, Report Says. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;9/22/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 24, p6
The article reports on a prediction by local-media research firm Borrell Associates that Web sites for local television stations will be their financial saviors. The reports stated that some of these stations now generate millions in revenue and significant profits, and have high potential for...
- Boston duopoly doubles on local news. Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;9/10/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 37, p8
Reports on the developments on the local television broadcasting advisory in Boston, Massachusetts. Primetime broadcasting of WSBK-TV during Labor Day; Focus on the reorganization of WSBK-TV management programs; Acclimatization of the television viewers from the syndication community.
- Tally key behavior. McGoldrick, Paul // Broadcast Engineering;Mar1999, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p366
Explains the importance of the tally key in television broadcasting. Overview of the tally system; How the system works; Significance of safety systems.
- Global sales top agenda for nets. De Pablos, Emiliano; Hopewell, John; Hudson, Peter // Variety;01/15/2001 Supplement, Vol. 381 Issue 8, p47
Reports on the shift in marketing focus of the television broadcasting industry in Spain to gain market share in the international television industry. Strategies of several television companies to sharpen their international television market focus; Technological innovations in television...