U.S. Bank First Among 1Q Trustees; Orrick Tops Bond Counsel
- Orrick Still Leads For California GOs. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/19/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32177, p7
Announces that Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP has been reappointed to serve as lead bond counsel for California's general obligation bond issues.
- Kutak Rock Snatches Bond Counsel Honors From Orrick. Ramage, James // Bond Buyer;4/18/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33501, p27
The article focuses on the performance of Kutak Rock LLP for the municipal bond market for the first quarter of 2011. It states that Kutak got the top spot among bond counsels capturing a 9.4% market share for the quarter edging the longtime leader Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP. John Wagner,...
- Competitive Note Sales. // Bond Buyer;2/10/2015, p1
Several tables related to several U.S. financing firms dealing with sales and purchase of municipal bonds are presented for February, 2015, including Orrick Herrington,Hawkins Delafield and Munistat Services.
- Orrick Hangs Onto Top Position in Shrinking Market. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;10/23/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34199, p6
The article reports on the first and second place bond counsel rankings sustained by law firms Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP and Hawkins Delafield & Wood LLP, respectively, amid increased competition and decline in municipal bond volume in the first nine months of 2014. Data provided shows...
- Orrick, Dewey Ballantine End Merger Discussion. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;1/5/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32542, p25
The article reports on the joint decision of Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP and Dewey Ballantine LLP to end discussions on their merger. For the last four years ending 2006, Orrick has been the topranked counsel on municipal bond deals and Dewey has bond lawyers in its practice, but focuses...
- Assured, Orrick Lead the Charge In Banner Year for Bond Insurers, Counsel. Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;1/14/2016, p1
The municipal bond insurance industry took another step forward in their comeback, wrapping almost 36% more in par value in 2015 and increasing market share to the highest in five years.
- Orrick Hangs Onto Top Position in Shrinking Market. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;10/22/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34198, p1
Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP and Hawkins Delafield & Wood LLP maintained their positions atop bond counsel rankings as muni volume sank in the first nine months of the year, while former No. 3 Squire Patton Boggs, fell out of the top 10.
- Lessons from the SEC's First Wave of MCDC Settlements. Greenberg, Elaine; Feyer, Robert // Bond Buyer;7/2/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34336, p1
Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP attorneys take a look at the Securities and Exchange Commission settlements with 36 municipal securities underwriters pursuant to the Municipalities Continuing Disclosure Cooperation initiative.
- NYC suits Frisco law firm. Gabriel, Frederick // Crain's New York Business;06/16/97, Vol. 13 Issue 24, p37
Focuses on Orrick Herrington and Sutcliffe a San Francisco based law firm, as it tries to establish itself in New York. Plans to compete with other New York firms; Size of the firm; Information on firm's growth plans; Problems faced by the firm.