Kansas Governor Signs Highway Bill, Paves Way for $150M of Debt
- Polk County, Fla., Ready for Bonding After 2-Year Struggle. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;06/16/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30914, p4
Reports on Polk County, Florida commissioners' decision to authorize revenue bonds for widening projects on a half-dozen of the central Florida county's most congested roads. Discussion on the benefits of the work versus the price of long-term debt; Sources of funding to support the bond.
- FHWA OKs Maryland Highway. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;5/31/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32392, p1
The article presents information on the Intercounty Connector road project in Maryland. The six-lane toll road; a $2.4 billion project covering 18-mile; got approval from the federal government after more than half a century of debate and study. The U.S. Federal Highway Administration approved...
- Kansas GOP Wants Less Debt For Governor's Transportation Plan. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;3/19/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31845, p4
Reports that Kansas Republicans are devising a plan that reduces bond issuance proposed by Democratic Governor Kathleen Sebelius. Plan to salvage the state's 13.5 billion, ten-year transportation program.
- Kansas Senate Fails to Pass School Finance Measures; Regular Session Ends. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/3/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32352, p34
The article reports on the failure of the Kansas Senate to pass a school finance plan. Some legislators are proposing a special session to address the issue. The Legislature will have a recess. Lawmakers will return April 26, 2006. Governor Kathleen Sebelius supported a House measure that will...
- School Tax Shot Down. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;3/2/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31832, p27
Reports that Kansas Governor Kathleen Sebelius' plan to solve her state's school funding woes was defeated in the Senate. Republican leaders' development of a school finance plan that would not require a tax increase.
- Kansas Still Faces Budget Battle as Gov. Sebelius Goes to Washington. WATTS, JIM // Bond Buyer;3/3/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33073, p6
The article reports on the continued struggle of Kansas to balance the state budget for fiscal 2009 despite the departure of Governor Kathleen Sebelius to become U.S. President Barack Obama's health secretary. If Sebelius will be confirmed, her position as state governor will be replaced by...
- KANSAS: Filling the Treasurer's Seat. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/18/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33006, p9
The article reports on the plan of Kansas Governor Kathleen Sebelius to appoint a new treasurer to replace Republican Lynn Jenkins who defeated Democratic Representative Nancy Boyda for the Second District congressional seat. It states that the governor was expected to appoint a fellow Democrat...
- Kansas extends casino deadline. // Casino Journal;Mar2009, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p7
The article reports on the move of Kansas Lottery Commission to extend the deadline for applying to build a casino in the Southeast Gaming Zone of the state. It says that because there were no applications received on January 21, 2009, the deadline has been extended up to April 21. Meanwhile,...
- KANSAS: Tax Collection Estimate. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/24/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32614, p9
The article reports on the estimated tax collection of the Kansas state budget officials for fiscal 2007 and 2008. State's budget officials expected to collect about $5.7 billion in taxes in fiscal 2007, however, a decline of about $5.5 billion is projected in fiscal 2008 due to accounting...