Divney's Goodbye Parade Parties On
- Divney laughs last. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;02/22/99, Vol. 129 Issue 8, p12
Reports that Comedy Central television network will focus on its programming to boost its marketing according to Larry Divney, chief executive officer (CEO) of the company. Successful ratings performance of the television shows `South Park,' `The Daily Shows,' and `Saturday Night Live's'; Other...
- `Millennium Live' is dead. Schlosser // Broadcasting & Cable;01/03/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 1, p15
Focuses on the cancellation of the `Millennium Live,' television broadcasts of international year 2000 millennium celebrations by Pax TV. Failure of the broadcast due to financing difficulties; Reaction of international affiliates of the broadcasts.
- Monsieur Mickey faces tough Euro quota regs. Paoli, Pascale // Variety;03/03/97, Vol. 366 Issue 5, p65
Reports on the March 22, 1997 launch of the Disney Channel in France. Initial broadcast of the channel on Canal Satellite; Problems faced by Disney concerning this pending launch.
- IT'S LONELY AT THE TOP. Dempsey, John // Variety;9/10/2001, Vol. 384 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the success of Home Box Office (HBO) television network. Number of 2001 Emmy Awards nominations earned by HBO; Challenge facing HBO; Concern of HBO executives about AOL.
- ASIA'S MTV KUDOS. Osborne, Magz // Variety;9/10/2001, Vol. 384 Issue 4, p20
Reports on the plans of MTV Asia for its first pan-Asian kudocast in Singapore. What the kudos will include; One of the anchors of the program; Successful music awards in Asia.
- Hispanic Nets Heating. Consoli, John // MediaWeek;05/22/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 21, p9
Focuses on the competition between Univision and Telemundo, the cable television networks for Hispanic viewers. Increase in the prime-time Hispanic television audience of Telemundo; Changes in the television programming schedule of Univision.
- USA maps production synergy. Dempsey, John; Littleton, Cynthia // Variety;05/25/98, Vol. 371 Issue 3, p23
Reports on the drama series included in the primetime schedule of USA Network cabler company for 1998-1999. Cable lineup planned by USA executive Barry Diller; Collapse of a deal to acquire a sitcom; Percentage of American households reached by the cable company.
- Nick to air in New Zealand. Murdoch, Blake // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;01/04/2000, Vol. 361 Issue 8, p102
Reports the scheduled launching of the children's channel Nickelodeon in New Zealand on February 1, 2000.
- TV3 kicks out U.S. pics as debts hit $143 mil. Khan, Bob // Variety;8/13/2001, Vol. 383 Issue 12, p25
Reports that the Malaysian television network TV3 is being restructured to reduce its crippling debt. Goal of the restructuring move; Pre-tax losses that TV3 reduced for the nine months ended May 13, 2001; Likely effect of the restructuring move on Malaysian Resources Corporation's stake in the...