Landis Directs His Own Screening
- Fox is leader of the TV pack. Rathbun, Elizabeth A. // Broadcasting & Cable;04/19/99, Vol. 129 Issue 16, p39
Reports on Fox Television Stations Inc.'s dominance of `Broadcasting & Cable' magazine's list of the top 25 television groups in the United States, based on number of stations controlled as of April 1999. Percentage of all television stations controlled by the top ten television groups;...
- Fox, affils reach truce on ad plan. Adalian, Josef // Variety;05/31/99, Vol. 375 Issue 3, p26
Reports that Fox Television Stations Inc. and its affiliates have declared a truce in the dispute over the company's plan to take back its commercial inventory.
- Finding value in local TV. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;03/08/99, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p13
Discusses the value of local television stations in the United States. Former CBS president Gene Jankowski's scolding of local broadcasters for selling their `most powerful weapon' in the digital age, their local franchise; Broadcasters' alleged underestimation of the power of their local...
- Still Nasty After All These Years. Case, Tony // MediaWeek;11/11/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 41, p20
Discusses the adversarial relationship between U.S. television broadcast networks and their affiliates. Economic conditions which networks maintain, have forced them to get tougher with affiliates; Competition between American Broadcasting Co. and National Broadcasting Co. Inc.
- The affiliate shuffle, continued. JAZ; SC // Broadcasting & Cable;7/11/94, Vol. 124 Issue 28, p15
Reports on alliances and defections of television station affiliates with television broadcasting networks. CBS Inc.'s agreement with WOIO in Cleveland; NBC's alliance with KPRC-TV in Houston, Texas and WDIV in Detroit, Michigan; NBC's discussion with its affiliate board on new contracts aimed...
- Web Polling Makes Viewers Feel Involved. Callahan, Sean // Television Week;7/21/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 29, p30
Reports on the ways in which U.S. television stations use their interactive Web polling functionality as of July 21, 2003. KSTP-TV; KDKA-TV; WCCB-TV; KYW.
- Flax 'maxed on blurb bender. Littleton, Cynthia // Variety;06/15/98, Vol. 371 Issue 6, p25
Announces that television (TV) stations in the United States are preparing as of September 1998 to air daily doses of the hit situation comedy `Friends.' Pre-pre-launch tease campaign; Information on the 43rd TV industry's annual marketing confabulation.
- Top 25 Station Groups 2011. P. A. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/11/2011, Vol. 141 Issue 15, p10
The article lists the top 25 television (TV) station groups which are ranked according to the percentage of homes they reach in the U.S. including Ion Media Networks Inc., Univision Communications Inc., and Sinclair Broadcast Group Inc.
- Station break. Trigoboff, Dan // Broadcasting & Cable;03/22/99, Vol. 129 Issue 12, p27
Reports on developments in the television station business in the United States as of March 22, 1999. Includes weatherman Marty Coniglio's consideration of challenging a noncompete clause in his contract with television station KCNC; Angie Kucharski's appointment as news director at television...