A Proper Power Grab
- South Dakota's North Western: We'll Make Our Payments. Briggs, Amanda // Bond Buyer;12/12/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31780, p6
Reports on the payment of NorthWestern Corp. to the municipal bondholders while the utility organization reorganizes its Chapter 11 bankruptcy filing in South Dakota. Total secured municipal debt including pollution-control refunding revenue bonds; Issuance of the proceeds from the bonds to...
- Bankrupt but creditworthy. Clement, Douglas // Fedgazette;Nov2003, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p11
Reports on the bankruptcy protection filed by NorthWestern Corp., a power utility based in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Brief information on the company; Details of the bankruptcy protection filed by the company; Financial status of the company; Failure of the firms diversification plan.
- Montana Municipalities May Issue Up to $1.5B to Buy Investor-Owned Utility. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;7/6/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32166, p4
Reports on the plans of Montana Public Power Inc. to issue taxable bonds to help finance its proposed two billion dollar acquisition of NorthWestern Corp. in Montana. Provisions of the 1987 tax law; Evaluation of the debt issuance proposal with its fiduciary responsibilities; Presentation of the...
- Vallejo, Calif., Council Approves 5-Year Bankruptcy Workout Plan. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;12/28/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33239, p24
The article reports on the approval of the Vallejo, California City Council on a 5-year bankruptcy workout plan to end the biggest bankruptcy of the city since the 1990s.
- Liaison with Municipal Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada // Urban Lawyer;Fall1976, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p789
No abstract available.
- Should OC have declared bankruptcy? Brennan // Orange County Business Journal;11/29/99, Vol. 22 Issue 48, p18
Presents observers' comments on Orange County, California's declaration of bankruptcy. Arguments for and against declaring bankruptcy; Effects of the bankruptcy on the county's finances.
- EU insolvency regulations. // Credit Management;Aug2002, p9
Reports on developments relevant to the insolvency regulations in the European Union countries compiled as of September 2002. Provisions of the Insolvency Act of 1986; Impact on administration, voluntary arrangements and sequestration; Implications for commercial laws.
- Distrubutive Energy. Gurney, Brian; McNally, Mary; Smith, Monte // Montana Business Quarterly;Winter2003, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p15
Focuses on distributive energy generation in Montana. Benefits of the state's move from a regulated energy environment into a deregulated system of power generation and distribution; Technologies used in the generation of distributive energy; Reasons for the bankruptcy of NorthWestern Corp. in...
- Rebuilding Relationships with Customers and Communities. Schroeppel, Bobbi // American Gas;Dec2007/Jan2008, Vol. 89 Issue 10, p15
The article offers information about NorthWestern Energy company, a medium-sized utility that began its corporate existence as NorthWestern Public Service in 1923, headquartered in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. It provides electric and natural gas service to mostly rural areas of eastern South...