Vallejo Bailout Bill
- Centralia Goes Down. Keleman, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;11/19/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32014, p33
Reports that Moody's Investors Service downgraded its underlying rating on the outstanding general obligation bonds of Centralia School District in California. Three consecutive years of operating deficits; Operation deficits from 2001 to 2003.
- Nebraska School District to Sell $150 Million in GOs Next Week. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/3/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32437, p6
The article reports on the plan of Nebraska's Lancaster County School District to issue unlimited tax general obligation bonds in August 2006. Standard & Poor's has affirmed its AAA rating on the district and the current sale. Moody's Investors Service has assigned an Aa1 rating to the...
- Wisconsin's Failure to Pass a Budget Threatens Upgrade Chances, S&P Says. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/13/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32712, p44
The article reports on the threat posed by the Wisconsin's Legislature's failure to pass a new biennial budget. The state is being threatened to win the chance of upgrading its AA-minus general obligation credit and poses a potential fiscal threat to local governments and school districts that...
- School District Gets Off Ohio's Fiscal Emergency List. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;08/21/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30958, p4
Reports that Ohio's Vermilion Local School District has been pulled out from the state's list of districts in fiscal emergency, according to state auditor Jim Petro. Improved fiscal health of the school district; Total number of Ohio school districts that remain in fiscal emergency.
- L.A. Schools to Sell $2.5 Billion of GOs next month. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;1/30/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31563, p4
Reports on the plans of Unified School District in Los Angeles, California to sell $2.5 billion in general obligation bonds in February 2003. Amount of sale of Measure K bonds approved by voters; Proposed sale of Proposition BB bonds.
- Correction. // Bond Buyer;4/17/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33896, p2
A correction to the article related to the independent school district and public finance operations that was published in the previous issue of April 2013 is presented.
- Rockford, Ill., Schools Turn to U.S. Judge on Desegregation Funds. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/21/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31022, p3
Reports that the Rockford, Illinois School District has turned to the federal courts for a solution after the Illinois Supreme Court overturned the district's use of tort immunity laws to pay for desegregation efforts. District financial officials' hope that the court will issue a Jenkins...
- Budget Woes Turn Illinois School System to Local Bankers for Help. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/21/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31042, p3
Reports on the Rockford School District's plan to sell its annual tax anticipation warrant issue in February 2000. School district's concern that a budget crisis prompted by an Illinois Supreme Court riling against its Tort Immunity tax levies will dampen investor interest in an upcoming debt...
- With Fitch Upgrade in Hand, San Antonio Schools to Sell $299 Million of GOs. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/11/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32069, p37
Reports on the plan of the San Antonio Independent School District to sell general obligation refunding bonds in San Antonio, Texas. Upgrade made to the school district's credit ratings by Fitch Ratings Inc.; Lead managers of the transaction; Prospects for the district's ad valorem tax.