One Less Question
- PENNSYLVANIA: Vote Targets Tax Agency. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;5/17/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33317, p9
The article reports on the move of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania voters to weigh in on a referendum to terminate the Bureau of Revision of Taxes (BRT) and the move the functions of the agency within the city's administration.
- CA: Proponents Continue Pursuit of Split Property Tax. // GPP eNews;1/20/2012, p7
The article reports on the submission of a measure titled "Protect Homeowners and Close Corporate Loopholes Act" that initiated the process for an initiative on split roll property tax in California.
- Vote 'yes' on Prop. 409 now; we won't have a choice later. ROTHSCHILD, JONATHAN // Inside Tucson Business;10/26/2012, Vol. 22 Issue 21, p34
The article argues against the yes vote for the Proposition 409 which will cost approximately $18 per year per $100, 000 assessed value to property taxpayers.
- Moody's Outlines Possible Effects of Washington Initiative. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;12/06/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31031, p3
No abstract available.
- Unexpected turnout. Olson, Lynn // Education Week;05/31/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 38, p16
Deals with the property tax increases for schools in Portland, Oregon. Attitude of educators toward the passage of the property tax levy; Results of a referendum conducted concerning the issue.
- CIP Bonds Pushed. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/27/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32247, p35
Reports on the campaign of a group called Madison First for voters to pass a property tax increase in the referendum to secure a bond financing for a capital improvement plan in Madison, Alabama. Significance of the tax proposal in protecting the residents' standard of living; Function of the...
- City voters lift levy lid. // Journal of Business (10756124);11/23/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 24, pA2
Reports on the decision of voters to allow for the increase of property taxes during a referendum in Spokane, Washington.
- Property tax repeal proposal may end up in Arkansas court. Saunders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;07/31/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30447, p1
Focuses on the efforts of local governments and school districts to challenge plans for eliminating property taxes in Arkansas. Certification of the ballot item for the November 3, 1998 elections; Opponents of the plan; Rationale behind oppositions to the plan; Implications of the ballot item's...
- Californians warned of future tax hikes. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;02/14/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30828, p1A
Focuses on the initiative to lower voter threshold required for local school bonds approval in California. Potential impact on property taxes and local fiscal costs; Drop in support for the move based on a poll by the Public Policy Institute of California; Identification of schools as the most...