Omaha Finance Chief Timm Leaving City Government
- Changes in the Chinese Property Market: An indicator of the difficulties faced by local authorities. GAULARD, MYLÈNE // China Perspectives;2013, Vol. 2013 Issue 2, p3
For the past decade, China has faced an extremely sharp rise in property prices and increasingly large investments made in this sector. Although some economists consider this change to be no more than the result of the increase in urban salaries that has gone hand-in-hand with China's strong...
- COUNCIL PAY: TIME TO ACT. // Community Care;6/13/2002, Issue 1426, p9
Editorial. Calls for the British government to intervene in the stalemate between the unions of local government workers and the employers about the salary of local government workers. Problems faced by local government workers.
- City Imports Steelcase Parcel. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;7/31/2006, Vol. 24 Issue 31, p7
The article reports that a property transfer has been finalized between the city commissioners of Grand Rapids, Michigan and the city of Wyoming in July 2006. Information is presented on Steelcase Incorporated's plans for the property. Ashley Capital has a role in the city's capital improvement...
- Cobb well-positioned for growth/expansion. Nash, Rebecca // Georgia Trend;Mar99, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p45
Asserts that Cobb County, Georgia is poised for further growth and economic expansion despite some drawbacks. Advantages of having a governor sympathetic to the concerns of the county; Construction of a four-lane road segment to relieve interstate congestion; Population growth in Cobb County;...
- The Soft States of South Asia: The Civil Servant Problem. Myrdal, Gunnar K. // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Apr1969, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p7
The article discusses the civil service needs of underdeveloped countries to implement policies of government. The tendency to use the concepts, models, and theories forged for the analysis of the economic problems of the highly developed countries has lead to an opportunistic bias in appraising...
- CAREER SERVICE. // America;1/16/1937, Vol. 56 Issue 15, p349
The author reflects on the bill concerning career service for all government employees under Cabinet rank in the U.S. It notes that the bill was introduced by a Minnesota representative. It includes a clause prohibiting Congress members to recommend any applicant for a Federal post. It considers...
- CANADIAN FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE: THE VIEW FROM RECENT EXECUTIVE RECRUITS. Larson, Peter; Zussman, David // Optimum Online;Dec2006, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p1
The article presents a study of the Canadian public service, which is based on five core propositions. This study builds on work undertaken in 2003 by Arthur Kroeger and Jeff Heynen who undertook extensive interviews with both people who had come into the public service as well as a number who...
- City assistant manager is finalist in Colorado. // Inside Tucson Business;8/1/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p3
Reports that Karen Thoreson, an assistant Tucson city manager since 2002, is one of six finalists to become city manager of Greeley, Colorado.
- MOST FASCINATING NEWS STORY OF THE WEEK. // New Yorker;6/30/1975, Vol. 51 Issue 19, p99
The article presents a reprint of a news article on the youngest town clerk in Maine which appeared in an issue of the "Maine Townsman" newspaper in 1975.