Municipals Lose Early Gains, Jobless Claims Dampen Tone
- Weekly Reporters See Inflow of $269.6 Million. Fine, Jacob; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;8/7/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32439, p7
The article discusses the AMG Data Services' report on the increase of net inflows into weekly reporting municipal bond mutual funds to $269.59 million for the week ended August 2, 2006. The net inflow represents approximately 73 percent of the assets in all municipal bond funds. Meanwhile, the...
- Delaware Readies $216 Million Issue of Fixed-Rate GO Bonds. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;2/25/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32822, p7
The article focuses on the move of Delaware to sell fixed-rated general obligation bonds. The state decided to change Delaware code to allow it to sell a certain percentage of bonds that is authorized each year in a retail sale. The proceeds of the accumulated money of the deal will primarily be...
- How Much Longer Can Swaps Buoy the New-Issue Market? Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;12/06/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30781, p9
Looks at the strategies of some institutional buyers in marketing bond holdings. Status of the municipal funds in the market; How municipal managers cope with the changes in the market; Scarcity of cash in the market.
- Wednesday's Data. // Bond Buyer;10/1/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34387, p1
GovernmentSecurities Prices 10-year: 99 16/32 to yield 2.06, down 2/3230-year: 99 32/32 to yield 2.88, down 18/32 Municipal BondIndex 124 18/32, unch The Bond Buyer's30-Day VisibleSupply (as of 10/01) Total: $12.192 billion, down $867.7 millionCompetitive: $3.938 billion, down $424.4...
- Muni Market Finishing Off Last of Week's Big Deals. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;7/15/2016, Vol. 1 Issue F375, p1
The municipal bond market on Thursday was prepared for the final countdown as the last of the large new issues get set to hit the screens.
- Short-Term Bond Funds Flatline. Bigda, Carolyn // Money;Dec2005, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p52
The article notes that yields on short-term bond funds are up, but the U.S. Federal Reserve's interest rate hikes have hurt prices and kept a cap on returns. The best strategies are to stay invested, consider short-term muni funds, or invest in funds that own bonds that mature in a year or less....
- Supply Surge Prompts Muni Weakness. Scarchilli, Michael; Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;11/17/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33418, p1
The article reports on the impact of the increase in taxable bond supply on the municipal bond market in the U.S. According to the authors, the increase has weakened the municipal market, especially with the addition of the 950 million dollars of taxable Build America Bonds sold by the Dallas...
- Eleventh Week of Inflows Sees $222.88M Gain. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/1/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32186, p7
Reports on an increase in net inflow in municipal bond mutual funds during the week ended July 27 2005 in the U.S. Taxable bond funds; Equity funds; Market and economic indicators.
- Results of Negotiated Sales. // Bond Buyer;5/10/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32626, p24
Several charts are presented that list results of negotiated bond sales from different states including Alabama, Arizona and California.