Municipals Lose Early Gains, Jobless Claims Dampen Tone
- Weekly Reporters See Inflow of $269.6 Million. Fine, Jacob; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;8/7/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32439, p7
The article discusses the AMG Data Services' report on the increase of net inflows into weekly reporting municipal bond mutual funds to $269.59 million for the week ended August 2, 2006. The net inflow represents approximately 73 percent of the assets in all municipal bond funds. Meanwhile, the...
- How Much Longer Can Swaps Buoy the New-Issue Market? Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;12/06/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30781, p9
Looks at the strategies of some institutional buyers in marketing bond holdings. Status of the municipal funds in the market; How municipal managers cope with the changes in the market; Scarcity of cash in the market.
- Wednesday's Data. // Bond Buyer;10/1/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34387, p1
GovernmentSecurities Prices 10-year: 99 16/32 to yield 2.06, down 2/3230-year: 99 32/32 to yield 2.88, down 18/32 Municipal BondIndex 124 18/32, unch The Bond Buyer's30-Day VisibleSupply (as of 10/01) Total: $12.192 billion, down $867.7 millionCompetitive: $3.938 billion, down $424.4...
- Muni Market Finishing Off Last of Week's Big Deals. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;7/15/2016, Vol. 1 Issue F375, p1
The municipal bond market on Thursday was prepared for the final countdown as the last of the large new issues get set to hit the screens.
- Delaware Readies $216 Million Issue of Fixed-Rate GO Bonds. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;2/25/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32822, p7
The article focuses on the move of Delaware to sell fixed-rated general obligation bonds. The state decided to change Delaware code to allow it to sell a certain percentage of bonds that is authorized each year in a retail sale. The proceeds of the accumulated money of the deal will primarily be...
- Short-Term Bond Funds Flatline. Bigda, Carolyn // Money;Dec2005, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p52
The article notes that yields on short-term bond funds are up, but the U.S. Federal Reserve's interest rate hikes have hurt prices and kept a cap on returns. The best strategies are to stay invested, consider short-term muni funds, or invest in funds that own bonds that mature in a year or less....
- Muni Market Slows as Issuance Gets Set to Pick Up. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;7/11/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34541, p1
The municipal bond market on Friday stepped back and took stock of a quiet, holiday-shortened week, which saw yields drop to record low levels at the start only to bounce up again at the end.
- Munis Weaken Ahead of $8.7B New Issue Calendar. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;7/11/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34541, p1
Top-quality municipal bonds were weaker at mid-session, according to traders, ahead of next week's $8.7 billion of new supply.
- Results of Negotiated Sales. // Bond Buyer;5/10/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32626, p24
Several charts are presented that list results of negotiated bond sales from different states including Alabama, Arizona and California.