NEWS IN BRIEF
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;12/19/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31785, p2
Reports developments related to bonds in the U.S. as of December 2003. Decline of applications for state unemployment; Composite index of leading economic indicators; Expansion of the manufacturing activity in the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Fed's Plosser: Taper faster. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;2/ 6/2014, pA02
The central bank should unwind its stimulus efforts more quickly than it is set to do, said Philadelphia Fed Pres. Charles Plosser. The Fed will run into market volatility if it continues buying assets when the unemployment rate dips below its 6.5% benchmark for raising interest rates, said the...
- Growth Projections Dip in Survey of Forecasters. Siegel, Gary // Bondbuyer.com;11/17/2014, p1
Growth projections were lowered slightly by those responding to the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia's quarterly Survey of Professional Forecasters, and unemployment rate projections for the next three quarters were also revised down in the report released Monday.
- All Rise: Bond Yield Indexes Up, Buoyed by Good News on the Economy. Rise, Helen // Bond Buyer;4/16/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31864, p33
Reports on the performance of the bond market, from January 22 to April 15, 2004. Increase in â€œThe Bond Buyerâ€s weekly yield indexes; Percentage increase in consumer prices; Jobless claims for the week ending April 10.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;9/19/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31723, p2
Reports developments related to public finance in the U.S. as of September 2003. Decline in the applications for state unemployment benefits; Composite index of leading economic indicators; Expansion of the manufacturing activity in the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Jobless Claims Climb Again. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;12/20/2013, pA01
5 Initial claims rose by 10,000 to 379,000 last week, about 40,000 higher than expected for the 2nd straight week, though problems with seasonal adjustments could be skewing the data. The 4-week average jumped by 13,250 to 343,000. The Philadelphia Fed's Dec. manufacturing index ticked up 0.5 to...
- GDP Expectations Down, Unemployment Up in Livingston Survey. Siegel, Gary // Bondbuyer.com;6/8/2016, p4
The article discusses the survey of prediction of low growth in Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and higher unemployment by members in Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Camden County Sewer Sale. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;8/28/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32454, p35
The article reports on the sale of sewer revenue refunding bonds by the Camden County Municipal Utilities Authority in Camden County, New Jersey. The county will negotiate a sell of more than $100 million of the said revenue. UBS Securities LLC is the underwriter of the deal while Acacia...
- HIGH YIELD BOND FUND PERFORMANCE. // Leveraged Finance News;4/22/2013, Vol. 3 Issue 16, p10
A table is presented which shows data on high yield bond fund performance with funds including Peritus High Yield, MassMutual Premium, and Pioneer High Yield.