Bond Buyer Weekly Yield Indexes Fall Ahead of Federal Reserve Board Meeting
- Muni Bond Market Plunge Unsettles Potential Buyers. McGee, Patrick; Scarchill, Michael; Seymour, Dan // American Banker;12/20/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 194, p8
The article discusses volatility in the U.S. municipal bond market. Although prices have fallen, some expect them to fall further after the U.S. Build America Bonds program expires in 2011. While attracted to the relatively high yields of municipal bonds, investors are cautious about securities...
- Munis Weaken After Friday's Fall; Harris County, Tex., Deal Prices. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;4/6/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31857, p2
Reports on the decline in prices for municipal bonds in the U.S. Impact of the increase in the Institute for Supply Management non-manufacturing index; Implication for the lack of buying interest among participants; Rate of yield on triple-A rated 30-year general obligation bonds.
- Bond Buyer Indexes Up Following Four Firmer Sessions. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;1/9/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33038, p7
The article reports on the performance of the municipal bond index in the first week of January 2009 in the U.S. General obligation (GO) yields of 20-bond index declined by 22 basis points to 5.02 percent as well as the 11-bond index by 21 basis points. Thirty-year treasury bond yield increased...
- Tax-Exempt Yields Fall in All But One of the Week's Sessions. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/16/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32880, p7
The article reports on the decline of yield indexes for the week ended May 16, 2008 in the U.S. It states that the municipal bond market falls by 2-3 points on May 9 and 1-2 points on May 12. Tax-exempt bonds also decline by 2-3 points on May 13 as well as the 20-bond index to 4.53 percent...
- Munis Finish Mixed; Buyers Stay on Sidelines Ahead of Eventful Week. Johnson, Anastasija; Bill Curran // Bond Buyer;11/1/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32001, p2
Reports developments on the bond market in the U.S. as of November 1, 2004. Level of bond prices in the municipal bond market; Consumer sentiment index; Growth in gross domestic product in the third quarter of year 2004.
- Muni Indexes Fall as Corporate Forecasts Disappoint. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;10/24/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31747, p28
Reports on the decrease of the municipal bond indexes amid limited supply in the U.S. Decline of stocks; Announcement of lower-than-expected corporate earnings forecasts; Pricing for revenue anticipation notes.
- Municipal Bond Index . // Bond Buyer;11/21/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31270, p53
Presents information on municipal bond indexes in the U.S. as of November 20, 2001. Maturity dates on various bonds; Dollar price on the bonds; Calculation of the index.
- Municipal Bond Index . // Bond Buyer;11/21/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31270, p45
Presents information on municipal bond indexes in the U.S. as of November 21, 2001. Coefficient used in calculation of the index; Bonds included in the average price; Inclusions in par call yield calculations.
- Municipal Bond Index . // Bond Buyer;4/1/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31355, p47
Presents a chart depicting municipal bond index in the U.S. for the first quarter of 2002.