U.S. DOT Report Cites Expansion Needs for Airports
- France moves ahead on CDG expansion. Sparaco, Pierre // Aviation Week & Space Technology;11/3/1997, Vol. 147 Issue 18, p49
Reports that the French airport authority is planning to build two additional runways at Roissy/Charles de Gaulle (CDG). The expansion authorized despite a fierce political controversy and protest from environmentalists and local residents; Comments by Transportation Minister Jean-Claude Gayssot.
- Shreveport (KSHV) Airport Runway 14/32 Reopened. Larson, George C. // Business & Commercial Aviation;Apr2010, Vol. 106 Issue 4, p57
This article reports on the reopening of Runway 14/32 by the Shreveport Airport Authority in Louisiana in February 2010.
- Third runway considered. // International Construction;Jul2011, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p8
The article reports on the plan of the Airport Authority Hong Kong (AAHK) in Hong Kong, China to develop three runways to help meet medium term traffic needs.
- What are BAA's real motives? Hyams, Jeff // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;6/2/2003, Issue 1670, p9
Explains why the British Airport Authority is so keen to add more runways in the southeast.
- Final Sunset on Frankfurt Night Flights? // Air Cargo World;Oct2009, Vol. 99 Issue 10, p4
The article informs that the Frankfurt International Airport in Frankfurt, Germany has finally won approval to build an extra runway, overcoming the German environmentalists. It is stated that the airport authority had started to cut ground on the new runway back in May, 2009, as they were...
- Kenya Airport Authority Is Blamed For The Mombasa Flight Chaos Over The Weekend. // AirGuide For the Frequent Flyer;Jul2013, p92
The article reports that the Kenya Airports Authority (KAA) was blamed for the closure of the single runway at Moi International Airport (MBA) in Mombasa, Kenya on June 2, 2013, resulting to flight delays and diversion.
- IN THE NEWSâ€¦. // PRWeek (London);10/16/2009, p10
The article reports on the decision of British Airport Authority (BAA) to delay plans to build a third runway at Heathrow airport in London, England. It states that the firm will not submit a planning application for the project before the next election. The scrapping of the Heathrow expansion...
- Vote expected on Metro Airport improvement plan. Shea, Bill // Crain's Detroit Business;3/17/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p1
The article reports that the Wayne County Airport Authority board is expected to vote Thursday on a controversial $1 billion master improvement plan for Detroit Metropolitan Airport in Detroit, Michigan. The plan includes a seventh runway, which has drawn opposition from Romulus because up to 15...
- Beyond Mineta. // Traffic World;7/17/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 29, p4
The author reflects on the retirement of Norman Y. Mineta as secretary of the U.S. Department of Transportation. Mineta has been applauded with his optimism to address the needs of the logistics and transport sector. The author considers Mineta to be an asset in the transportation world. He also...