Scarce Supply, Ample Cash Help Municipals Rise With Treasuries
- Depfa's Purchase of First Albany on Track. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/14/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32691, p1
The article reports on the plan of Depfa Bank PLC to acquire First Albany Capital Inc.'s municipal business. On March 6, 2007, the firm announced that it would buy First Albany's nine office municipal bond business. In addition, deal was further complicated in July 2007, though when it became...
- SEC Probes Bear Stearns In Chicago. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/19/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31992, p1
Reports on the US Securities and Exchange Commission's investigation of Bear Stearns & Co.'s Chicago, Illinois public finance office. Municipal bond market offering of the company.
- Muni Yields Fall 2 to 3 Basis Points; $650M of New York City GOs Priced. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;5/30/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31646, p2
Municipal bond market yields fell two or three basis points on May 29, 2003, as Morgan Stanley & Co. priced and repriced 650 million dollars of New York City general obligation bonds after a two-day retail order period. John Ryding, senior economist at Bear, Stearns&Co., said the elevated level...
- Nassau County's New Sewer Agency Readies First of Many Bond Deals. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;4/5/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31856, p3
Reports on bond deals readied by the Sewer and Storm Water Finance Authority of Nassau County, New York beginning with an $181 million debt restructuring in late April 2004. Sale of auction-rate securities; Four-year restructuring plan; Bear, Stearns & Co. as senior manager on the sewer abd...
- Munis Little Changed; Bear Stearns Gets $163M in Retail for N.Y.C. GOs. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;3/16/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31842, p2
Reports the performance of municipal bonds as of March 16, 2004 in the United States. Industrial output; Retail orders received by Bear, Stearns & Co. Inc. on New York City general obligation bonds; Tier of the municipal market.
- SOUTHEAST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;2/19/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31824, p30
Provides information on municipal bonds of various U.S. states as of February 2004. Appointment of Bear Stearns to handle the Miami-Dade, Florida aviation revenue bond issuance; State appropriation-backed debt of Kentucky; Appointment of BB&T Capital Markets to handle the Virginia Public...
- D.C.'s $735 Million GO Sale Leads a Slimmer Slate of $7.5 Billion. Scarchilli, Michael; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;5/21/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32633, p6
The article reports on several bond offerings in the New York municipal bond market for the week May 21-28, 2007 that will push an 8% decline in the market volume. The District of Columbia will issue $735 million of general obligation bonds through two series in the competitive market on May 23....
- Secondary Flat Ahead of Payrolls Report. Curran, William; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/5/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32375, p2
The article discusses on the situation of the municipal bond market and the key factors that influenced it on May 5, 2006 in the U.S. It emphasized that investors have considered the unanticipated increase of the labor costs. Only few deals of moderate size were being transacted on that day...
- New Issues Dominate, Treasuries Gain; Merrill Reprices $2B LAUSD Offering. Chesla, Nicholas; Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;2/20/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31576, p2
Presents an update on the performance of bonds in the U.S. bond market as of February 20, 2003. Performance of government securities; Repricing of yields by Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc.; Bonds issued by Bear, Stearns & Co.