Morgan Keegan Taps Pitt to Build Midwestern Presence
- Morgan Keegan Forms New I-Banking Division. Albano, Christine // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;3/22/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p10
The article reports that a new investment banking division has been established by Morgan Keegan & Co., a company based in Memphis, Tennessee. The new division will be headed by Robert A. Baird who will serve as president. According to Baird, bankers will continue their work on core clients,...
- The trading floor. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;09/02/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30718, p33
Reports on Morgan Keegan & Co.'s expansion of its investment banking operation into Florida.
- Morgan Keegan Forms New Investment Banking Division. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;3/18/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33284, p7
The article reports that Robert A. Baird will head the new investment banking division at Morgan Keegan & Co. Inc.
- Morgan Keegan Investment Banking Adds Industry Veteran Tom Barry to Healthcare Group. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;5/28/2011, p130
The article announces that Tom Barry was appointed managing director at Morgan Keegan & Co. Inc.'s Healthcare Investment Banking group in New York.
- Morgan Keegan Set To Grow in St. Louis. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;11/9/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32007, p6
Reports on the plan of Morgan Keegan & Co. to build up its retail and brokerage office in St. Louis, Missouri by hiring public finance bankers in the area. Uncertainty of the specific time for hiring public finance bankers for the office; Interest of firm in the Missouri market.
- No. 2 in Southeast, Morgan Keeqan Looks to Grow From 22d in Florida. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/16/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32197, p6
Reports on the decision of Morgan Keegan & Co. to boost its business in Florida. Plan of the company to aggressively pursue the market in the state; Efforts of the company to grow its banking presence in the state; Intention of the company to look for experienced bankers in the state.
- Boutiques Seek Cover With Larger Midmarket Firms. // Bank Loan Report;3/16/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p5
The article focuses on the move by several boutique investment banks to acquire midmarket firms for profit-generation purposes in the U.S. These banks include Morgan Keegan & Co. and Wedbush Morgan Securities, which finally acquired Revolution Partners and Pacific Growth Equities, respectively....
- Morgan Keegan Taps J.P. Morgan's. Whitman. Meyers, Maxwell // Bond Buyer;1/24/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32304, p7
The article announces the appointment of Tom Whitman, former public finance director at J.P. Morgan Securities Inc., as managing director of the fixed-income banking unit of Morgan Keegan & Co., the investment banking and securities unit of Regions Financial Corp. Whitman will focus on...
- Rob Baird Thrilled By Merger. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/26/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33704, p1
The article focuses on the goals of Rob Baird, head of public finance and debt investment banking at the new fixed income division of the company formed as a result of the merger of Raymond James Ltd. and Morgan Keegan & Co. Inc. As stated, since the merger Baird's focus has been on combing the...