- The Role of Family Physicians in Delivering Emergency Medical Care. Bullock, Kim A.; Pugno, Perry A.; Gerard, Anthony // American Family Physician;1/15/2008, Vol. 77 Issue 2, p148
The article highlights the role of family physicians in delivering emergency medical care in the U.S. According to the author, a cooperative relationship between the specialties of emergency medicine and family medicine is necessary in providing comprehensive emergency health care service to a...
- Imaging Interpretation Discrepancies: "Danger, Will Robinson!". Janiak, Bruce D.; Pawl, Richard J. // ED Legal Letter;Feb2009, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p13
This article discusses the discrepancies between emergency physicians' and radiologists' readings of films generated out of the emergency department (ED). It references a study which evaluated the concordance rate between the interpretations of plain films by pediatric emergency physicians. It...
- Agreements/contracts. // Medical Device Daily;10/6/2009, Vol. 13 Issue 192, p4
The article focuses on the decision of Canton, Ohio-based Emergency Medicine Physicians (EMP) to award six new contracts with medical facilities in North Carolina. Several facilities selected by EMP are part of Carolinas HealthCare System (CHS). Under the terms of agreement, the medical...
- Helicopter EMS Transport Outcomes Literature: Annotated Review of Articles Published 2012-2013. Lee, Eric J.; Arthur, Annette O.; Thomas, Stephen H. // British Journal of Medicine & Medical Research;7/1/2014, Vol. 4 Issue 19, p3620
Helicopter EMS (HEMS) and its possible association with patient-oriented outcomes improvement continues to be a subject of discussion. As is the case with other scientific discourse, debate over HEMS usefulness should be framed around an evidence-based assessment of the relevant literature. In...
- Advice on emergency aid. // GP: General Practitioner;8/11/2003, p10
The GMC is urging all doctors to give aid in an emergency after a survey found that one in five would not stop to help someone who collapsed in the street. The survey asked 458 GP and hospital doctors in Sheffield how they would react if asked to help an old lady who had collapsed. GP were more...
- Emergency Medical Service System. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p751
An encyclopedia entry of the term "Emergency Medical Service System," which refers to a comprehensive approach to providing emergency medical services, is presented.
- EMS. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p757
A definition of the term "EMS" which refers to emergency medical service is presented.
- CNE/CME questions. // ED Management;Apr2009, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p47
A quiz concerning emergency medical services is presented.
- CE/CME questions. // ED Management;Mar2007, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p36
A quiz related to emergency medical care is presented.